At VSCO, our mission is to nurture creativity so you can make it. We are a leading photo and video editor with a library of 200+ premium quality presets and tools, an easy-to-use video editor, and a curated collection of photography of all genres, styles and aesthetics from our global community of talented creators. We are looking for humble overachievers and self-starters who are naturally curious, highly organized, and thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. We foster a culture of collaboration, inclusion, ambition, and progress.
- You have experience building and shipping complex product experiences on frequently updated business critical Android apps.
- You have solid experience manipulating graphics and GPU-accelerated rendering.
- You understand and enjoy linear algebra.
- You enjoy the challenges of creating and manipulating graphic media on hardware constrained devices.
- You enjoy partnering with Design and Product teams to prototype, implement, and iterate on delightful product experiences.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members in the conception, planning, and implementation of new creative tool features.
- Architect and implement solutions for interactively manipulating images, video, and mixed media.
- Build clean, testable, maintainable, and idiomatic code, and drive the team forward in relation to code quality.
- Deliver solutions both in collaboration with other engineers or independently, depending on the scope and schedule of the project.
- 3+ years working on mobile consumer applications on Android (Kotlin and/or Java)
- Proficiency writing and integrating OpenGL shaders
- Experience with NDK (C++)
- Familiarity with RenderScript
- Collaboration with cross-functional team members including designers, product managers, and other engineers
Nice to have:
- Architecture and implementation of complex, high-impact projects
- Mentorship and collaboration with less experienced engineers
- Experience with Vulkan
- Experience with cross-platform technologies
- Implementation experience of AR/VR features
- Experience with iOS (Swift, Objective-C, Metal)
- A deep appreciation for photography and the visual arts
- A virtual first workplace with quarterly company-wide travel events to connect and play.
- Competitive Salary & Equity
- Healthcare insurance, vision, dental insurance for employees and families
- Flexible vacation policy
- Creative Fridays, VSCO Create weeks (our version of hack week), and so much more.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
We believe in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.