At VSCO, our mission is to nurture creativity so you can make it. We are a leading photo and video editor with a library of 200+ premium quality presets and tools, an easy-to-use video editor, and a curated collection of photography of all genres, styles and aesthetics from our global community of talented creators. We are looking for humble overachievers and self-starters who are naturally curious, highly organized, and thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. We foster a culture of collaboration, inclusion, ambition, and progress.
- You have a solid understanding of building and shipping complex product experiences on frequently updated business critical Android apps
- Your expertise with the Android SDK helps you create scalable, dynamic, extensible and highly performant UI components
- You have a working knowledge of remote APIs, concurrency, layouts, transitions, animations, client side persistence and architectural patterns on mobile apps
- You are ambitious and highly motivated to deliver outstanding solutions with minimal guidance
- You are passionate about leading initiatives and collaborating with Product Management, Data Science, Design, Engineering, and Research teams
- You are a proactive and effective decision maker
- Implement product features and/or frameworks that are easy and reliable for other engineering teams to collaborate with
- Collaborate with Design and Product teams in concepting, prototyping, user testing, and implementing new features to drive member value
- Architect and build clean, testable, maintainable, and idiomatic code, and drive the team forward in relation to code quality
- Partner cross-functionally with fellow engineers to ensure consistency is maintained across platforms
- Provide mentorship to other Android engineers
- 8+ years of experience working on mobile applications on Android (Kotlin/Java)
- Strong experience working on mobile consumer applications
- Cross functional experience collaborating closely with designers and product managers
- Experience in writing unit tests and testable code
- Proven experience collaborating with other engineers: iOS, Android, Server, and Web
- Solid track record of mentoring other engineers
- Experience leading the development of complex, high-impact projects
Nice to have
- Experience with Google Play Billing Library and subscription services
- Passion to learn about the business, being metrics driven and balancing it with user experience
- Passion for beautiful, responsive, and functional design
- Familiarity with photo and video in the mobile space
- Familiarity with iOS to facilitate cross-platform design discussions
- Experience interacting (or even developing!) server-based APIs via REST and/or gRPC
- A virtual first workplace with quarterly company-wide travel events to connect and play.
- Competitive Salary & Equity
- Healthcare insurance, vision, dental insurance for employees and families
- Flexible vacation policy
- Creative Fridays, VSCO Create weeks (our version of hack week), and so much more.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
We believe in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors, such as qualifications, experience, and skills. The base salary range for this role is $193,000 - $207,000. Salary is one component of the total compensation package, which includes bonuses (if eligible), equity, flexible time off, and other benefits.