At VSCO, our mission is to nurture creativity so you can make it. We are a leading photo and video editor with a library of 200+ premium quality presets and tools, an easy-to-use video editor, and a curated collection of photography of all genres, styles and aesthetics from our global community of talented creators. We are looking for humble overachievers and self-starters who are naturally curious, highly organized, and thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. We foster a culture of collaboration, inclusion, ambition, and progress.
We are looking for a Staff User Researcher who will develop and perform user research to understand customer needs and validate product solutions.
This position is a hands-on role working cross-functionally with stakeholders in Design, Product, and Marketing to develop customer insights and bring them back to the team to aid in defining the product strategy, design, and experience. You’ll work with the UXR team collectively, but you’ll independently oversee all aspects of user research including: problem identification, user testing, synthesis, and reporting. Experience synthesizing quantitative and qualitative research is required.
- Partner with our Design, Product, and Marketing teams to identify customer insights and explore new opportunities helping define product roadmaps, vision, and strategy.
- Plan and execute research using a variety of qualitative and quantitative research techniques, including surveys, interviews, concept testing, usability testing, and diary studies.
- Independently oversee all aspects of owned research efforts, including: requirement gathering and stakeholder management; research definition, process planning, and test development; participant recruiting (including screening, scheduling, compensation, and other logistics for studies); research and data collection, synthesis, and analysis; findings reporting, presentation, and socialization.
- Transform customer data and behavior into relevant and actionable insights and recommendations for the team and company to deliver continual customer experience improvements.
- Share research findings to all levels of the organization through a variety of creative formats (insight decks, videos, etc.) to help our organization maintain a deep understanding and empathy for our customers and their needs.
- 8+ years of professional user research experience in a start-up, corporate, or consultancy environment
- Experience incorporating user research into Agile design, production, and marketing environments.
- Experience researching consumer products. Online and creative communities are a plus.
- Experience leveraging online research tools for recruiting, testing, etc. Survey expertise is a plus.
- Successful track-record collaborating in multifunctional teams as the user research lead
- Ability to uphold responsiveness and collaboration in a remote environment – being part of a distributed team requires active participation and proactive communication
- Affinity with VSCO’s mission and values, and a passion for creativity and working with creators.
- A virtual first workplace with quarterly company-wide travel events to connect and play.
- Competitive Salary & Equity
- Healthcare insurance, vision, dental insurance for employees and families
- Flexible vacation policy
- Creative Fridays, VSCO Create weeks (our version of hack week), and so much more.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
We believe in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.