At VSCO, our mission is to nurture creativity so you can make it. We are a leading photo and video editor with a library of 200+ premium quality presets and tools, an easy-to-use video editor, and a curated collection of photography of all genres, styles and aesthetics from our global community of talented creators. We are looking for humble overachievers and self-starters who are naturally curious, highly organized, and thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. We foster a culture of collaboration, inclusion, ambition, and progress.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to take our data practice to the next level. You will work with our Head of Data Science to build our data model with industry best practice, extract insights from user data to influence the product roadmap, design experiments to measure product impact, and develop automated processes to enable self-serve analytics . You will take a leading role in defining how we leverage data at VSCO, scope out projects, propose approaches, and drive them to completion.
You are curious and driven to collect, analyze and interpret data that will be used to inform product decisions. You can break down complex and ambiguous technical questions and provide clear answers in return. You are not afraid of digging into the data and working across teams to find missing pieces. You care about the integrity and validity of the data. You are excited to help co-workers solve data puzzles, and even more so to teach them how to do it on their own.
- Conduct exploratory analysis to uncover the drivers of user engagement and retention, and produce actionable recommendations
- Guide the instrumentation, testing, and analysis of new features in collaboration with the Product Team
- Collaborate with our Data Engineering team to drive improvements in data quality for reporting and ad hoc analysis
- Build scalable reporting and visualizations to help teams measure product and business performance
- Help grow the data science team
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or other quantitative field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of professional experience as a Data Analyst or Data Scientist at a consumer internet company
- Demonstrated experience extracting, manipulating, and analyzing complex data using SQL and R/Python
- Good understanding of ETL and data pipelines; Hands-on experience cleaning and aggregating large data sets for analysis and visualization (Airflow/SQL/MapReduce)
- Deep understanding and working knowledge of statistical analysis techniques such as hypothesis testing and regression analysis
- Expert in communication, with a consistent track record of partnering across various teams and disciplines
Nice to have
- Expert in writing ETL and data manipulation scripts in Airflow, Hive, or Spark
- Experience working with subscription-based mobile applications
- A deep appreciation for photography and the visual arts
- A virtual first workplace with quarterly company-wide travel events to connect and play.
- Competitive Salary & Equity
- Healthcare insurance, vision, dental insurance for employees and families
- Flexible vacation policy
- Creative Fridays, VSCO Create weeks (our version of hack week), and so much more.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
We believe in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.