At VSCO, our mission is to help everybody fall in love with their own creativity. We are passionate about designing trusted creative tools that are powerful, personal, and authentic. Our members are talented, inspiring, and equally passionate about their creativity. We seek humble overachievers and self-starters who are naturally curious, highly organized, and thrive in fast-paced, ever-changing environments. We foster a culture of collaboration, inclusion, ambition, and progress.
We are looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to lead the teams responsible for building and innovating on VSCO’s best-in-class mobile creator tools. This toolset includes VSCO’s filters and all mobile photo and video editing technology. Engineering Leaders at VSCO partner with product management, design, marketing, and leadership teams to create compelling new experiences across all of VSCO. You will manage an elite team of amazing iOS and Android developers that build a beloved product used by tens of millions of users.
Creating an environment where people do their best work is a key strength and motivator for you. You care deeply about building great software that powers the heart of VSCO’s global serious creator audience. You are a thoughtful leader that draws energy from mentoring and growing others. You prioritize people always and understand the work of the whole is better than that of one individual.
- Build and manage the team responsible for VSCO’s creator tools – this includes all of the photo and video editing technology in the VSCO mobile app on both iOS and Android.
- Partner with staff engineers and others to make long-term strategic technical decisions that impact key metrics at the company level
- Provide design and architectural direction on frameworks and technologies utilized by our client teams.
- Maintain high morale and strong momentum on your immediate team and the broader group, as well as rigorous career-growth support for those you manage and mentor
- Work with other engineering leaders to oversee and drive agenda and work for the iOS and Android Guilds
- Create and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for your team alongside leadership and People Ops (including sourcing, screening, and interviewing candidates)
- Coordinate longer-term roadmap with our cross-functional team of product, design, marketing, and leadership
- Fuel your curiosity with inquiry and problem solving to surface opportunities to improve those around you, at an individual, team, group, department, and company level
- Experience building best-in-class mobile experiences
- 5+ years experience in an engineering leadership role, with hands-on technical management expertise
- 4+ years shipping mobile applications
- Experience with client-side imaging and video technologies
- Experience with source/version control software, continuous integration, unit testing and build processes
- Familiarity with agile or Lean methodologies
- Strong communication, open and transparent management style
Nice to Have
- Experience with graphics, video, or other manipulation technologies
- Leading teams in virtual or hybrid environments
- Experience with cross-platform (iOS and Android) shared libraries
- A deep appreciation for photography and/or videography or other creative outlets
- A virtual first workplace with quarterly company-wide travel events to connect and play.
- Competitive Salary & Equity
- Healthcare insurance, vision, dental insurance for employees and families
- Flexible vacation policy
- Creative Fridays, VSCO Create weeks (our version of hack week), and so much more.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
We believe in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.