VSCO is looking for a Senior Visual Designer to develop, evolve, and execute the visual design of VSCO’s product and marketing. You are passionate about designing beautiful and thoughtful visual design solutions that unify the end-to-end customer experience. You take pride in your craft with an exceptional eye for style and detail, including: photography, color, typography, and layout. Your portfolio demonstrates digital campaigns, logo and icon design, video and animation, illustration, style guides, and templates.
You will work collaboratively with cross-functional stakeholders to identify requirements and define outcomes, while working independently to design and develop creative solutions. You are able to generate new ideas quickly using evidence and passion in equal measure. You have experience art directing others for production and communicate your ideas simply and with clarity.
At VSCO, we are passionate about designing trusted creative tools that are powerful, personal, and authentic. Our customers are talented, inspiring, and equally passionate about their creativity. We seek humble overachievers, and foster a culture of collaboration, curiosity, ambition, and progress.
- Design, develop, and maintain the visual design language for product and messaging, including: UI styles, icons, logos, animations, assets, templates, and guidelines
- Collaborate with product designers to produce and elevate the visual design of the product and customer experience
- Support marketing efforts to design and develop creative direction and assets for campaigns, messaging, and collateral, both in-app and external
- Develop creative briefs and style guides, and set art direction for production partners
- 5+ years of professional design experience in a start-up, corporate, or agency environment
- Highly developed visual design skills as demonstrated in your portfolio of recent work
- Understand business goals, product roadmaps, and user insights to translate into clear design priorities for yourself
- Successful track-record collaborating in multifunctional teams as the design lead
- Ability to uphold responsiveness and collaboration in a remote environment – being part of a distributed team requires active participation and proactive communication
- Affinity with VSCO’s mission and values, and a creative passion outside work that enriches your perspective as a designer
- As part of your application, include a link or PDF of your portfolio of recent work, highlighting your abilities and experience relevant to the role. Please note that we are unable to accept any applications without a portfolio.
VSCO is a mobile app that helps you create beautiful, professional-looking photos and videos right from your mobile phone. We offer extensive high-end photo, and video editing features, including 200+ presets, and access to a vibrant global community that inspires people to create and share their diverse experiences. VSCO’s mission is to help everybody fall in love with their creativity across all products and services.
Equity, health, vision, dental insurance for families, flexible vacation policy, Creative Fridays, and a quarterly “Hack Week” to foster engineering and design ingenuity!
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We celebrate an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating what makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.