We are looking for an engineer to join VSCO’s Platform engineering team to contribute to a range of high-impact projects, including initiatives to advance our Trust and Safety roadmap and protect our user’s privacy. Our work involves developing internal tools, enriching our mobile web experience and integrating with third party platforms while working closely with internal stakeholders to ensure a positive, supportive experience for our users. Important functions we continue to invest in include curation, messaging, safety controls, and access options.
You are passionate about front end development and have some experience with server engineering, databases and integrations with third party platforms. Experience working closely with cross functional stakeholders, effective communication skills, and a talent for project management are also bonuses. Your voice will be valued in both internal projects as well as in consumer facing products. We are a collaborative, tightly-knit team and treat each other with respect. When we win, we win together.
- Create responsive, accessible front-end user interfaces with a mobile-first mindset
- Collaborate with Designers, Product Managers, and other Engineers to implement intuitive user experiences
- Help define strategic outcomes and lead projects that continue to drive value for our platform stakeholders with respect to the tools they use to power VSCO
- Contribute to our mobile web experience, informing how creative assets are navigated and experienced by our end users
- Optimize web applications for SEO to drive traffic back into the mobile application
- 2+ years experience in a full time Engineering role
- Experience building responsive websites
- Experience contributing to back end services and distributed systems
Nice to Have
- Ability to think of business concerns beyond engineering and experience working with multi-functional teams
- Passion for design and strong desire to contribute to a small, agile team
- Experience with MongoDB, MySQL, Cassandra, DynamoDB, etc.
- Comfortable with programming languages like Go, PHP, NodeJS, Ruby, Python
- A passion for building and supporting positive, inclusive and safe online spaces
VSCO is a mobile app that helps you create beautiful, professional-looking photos and videos right from your mobile phone. We offer extensive high-end photo, and video editing features, including 200+ presets, and access to a vibrant global community that inspires people to create and share their diverse experiences. VSCO’s mission is to help everybody fall in love with their creativity across all products and services.
Equity, health, vision, dental insurance for families, flexible vacation policy, Creative Fridays, and a quarterly “Hack Week” to foster engineering ingenuity!
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We celebrate an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating what makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.