You are committed to building responsive designs that are clean and usable. You believe in leaving the web better than you found it. You understand the technical foundations of the web at a deep level.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to help grow our company and expand our acquisition through our website development. As VSCO continues to evolve and expand, we face an unrivaled challenge in implementing pixel-perfect web designs while crafting for performance and accessibility for all users. Your voice will be valued in both internal projects as well as in consumer-facing products. We are a collaborative, tight-knit team and treat each other with respect. If we win, we win together.
- Create responsive, accessible front-end user interfaces with a mobile-first mindset
- Collaborate with Designers, Product Managers, and other Engineers to implement intuitive user experiences
- Optimize web applications for SEO to drive traffic back into the mobile application
- 2+ years experience in a full time Engineering role
- Experience building responsive websites
Nice to Have
- Ability to think of business concerns beyond engineering and experience working with multi-functional teams
- Passion for design and strong desire to contribute to a small, agile team
- Comfortable/Experienced with programming languages like Go, PHP, NodeJS, Java, Ruby, Python
- A personal connection to photography
VSCO is a mobile app that helps you create beautiful, professional-looking photos and videos right from your mobile phone. We offer extensive high-end photo, and video editing features, including 200+ presets, and access to a vibrant global community that inspires people to create and share their diverse experiences. VSCO’s mission is to help everybody fall in love with their creativity across all products and services.
Equity, health, vision, dental insurance for families, flexible vacation policy, Creative Fridays, and a quarterly “Hack Week” to foster engineering ingenuity!
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We celebrate an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating what makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.