You are curious and driven to collect, analyze and interpret data that will be used to inform product decisions. You can break down complex and ambiguous technical questions and provide clear answers in return. You are not afraid of digging into the data and working across teams to find missing pieces. You care about the integrity and validity of the data. You are excited to help co-workers solve data puzzles, and even more so to teach them how to do it on their own.
VSCO is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to own our marketing analytics practice. You will partner with our Director of Data Science and our Marketing team to measure our marketing efficiency across paid channels, extract insights from user data to influence marketing strategy, design experiments to measure incrementality, and develop automated processes to enable self-serve analytics . You will take a leading role in defining success for marketing at VSCO and point the Marketing team to the highest areas of impact.
- Conduct exploratory analysis to uncover the drivers of user engagement and retention, and produce actionable recommendations
- Develop accurate data models in our suite of marketing tools for robust user segmentation and targeting
- Quantify the incremental impact of marketing efforts across channels using a variety of methodologies, including cohort analysis, holdout groups, and uplift modeling
- Build scalable reporting and visualizations to help marketers independently measure campaign and channel performance
- Collaborate with our Data Engineering team to drive improvements in data quality for reporting and ad hoc analysis
- Mentor and coach junior data scientists
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or other quantitative field, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of full-time work experience as a Data Analyst or Data Scientist at a consumer internet company
- Experience with marketing platform and subscription management vendors such as Appsflyer, Braze, and RevenueCat
- Expertise in marketing efficiency measurement (ROAS, CPI, ROI) and marketing attribution (multi-touch attribution, media mix modeling, etc)
- Demonstrated experience extracting, manipulating, and analyzing complex data using SQL and R or Python
- Good understanding of ETL and data pipelines; Hands-on experience cleaning and aggregating large data sets for analysis and visualization (AIrflow/SQL/MapReduce)
- Deep understanding and working knowledge of statistical analysis techniques such as hypothesis testing and regression analysis
- Expert in communication, with a consistent track record of partnering across various teams and disciplines
Nice to have
- Expert in writing ETL and data manipulation scripts in Airflow, Hive, or Spark
- Experience working with subscription-based mobile applications
- Experience working with external marketing agencies
- A deep appreciation for photography and the visual arts
VSCO is a mobile app that helps you create beautiful, professional-looking photos and videos right from your mobile phone. We offer extensive high-end photo and video editing features, including 200+ presets, and access to a vibrant global community that inspires people to create and to share their diverse experiences with one another. Across all products and services, VSCO’s mission is to help everybody fall in love with their own creativity.
Equity, health, vision, and dental insurance for families, and flexible vacation policy.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We celebrate an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.