VSCO helps nourish people’s creativity and deepen their creative well being. As Community Manager, you’ll set up consistent and structured touch points to engage in dialog with our creators, be deeply curious about what brings them together to participate in the VSCO Community, and help grow our Community by finding ways to engage and retain Members and find pathways for our non-Members to subscribe to our Membership.
The roadmap you scope prioritizes understanding and pinpointing our creators now and in the future, and paying down uncertainty as quickly as possible. This is a highly collaborative, high-impact team that is tightly connected to the day-to-day success of our business.
- Create vision, strategy and operations for all VSCO hosted communities (Zendesk Gather) and communities on other platforms (ex: Reddit, Discord) and establish & analyze engagement metrics of our community on various platforms
- Be a VSCO brand ambassador who is comfortable with using your personal name to build trust and camaraderie within VSCO Communities.
- Develop and iterate on strategy for defining the voice and tone of a VSCO Community Manager within the guidelines of the VSCO brand, creating discussion topics, engagement ideas, product updates, community guidelines, moderating + moderation guidelines etc.
- Be a strong advocate for creators/community members in which you will provide sentiment, trends, feature requests, product improvement ideas and feedback loops to the Product and Engineering teams.
- Partner with Product Operations to help build a system for community members to assist each other with product related questions and aggregate community discovered bugs.
- Partner with Social/Comms and Marketing for promotional opportunities (contests, give-aways, prizes) on VSCO Community (Zendesk Gather) and off platform (Reddit, Discord, etc)
- Experiment with new platforms & initiatives (e.g., ambassadors, leaders within the community) to build relationships and glean insights
- Bachelor’s in Communications or relevant work experience building communities or being a community / brand ambassador
- 3+ years of Community Management experience
- Experience delivering consumer mobile apps, technology and services - ideally shipping products and features to millions of users using quantitative and qualitative insights from the community
- Experience promoting impactful relationships through community programs and ability to moderate, manage and engage within community forums
- Ability to work in an agile and iterative startup environment, including rapid prototyping
Nice to have
- Experience using Zendesk Gather
- SQL / Data Analytics experience
- Building community in a non-work related capacity
- International product experience
- A deep appreciation for photography/videography and other aspects of the arts would be greatly valued
VSCO is a mobile app that helps you create beautiful, professional-looking photos and videos right from your mobile phone. We offer extensive high-end image and video editing features, including 200+ filters, and access to a vibrant global community that inspires people to create and share their diverse experiences. VSCO’s mission is to help everybody fall in love with their creativity across all products and services.
Equity. Health, vision, dental insurance for families. Flexible vacation policy and a quarterly “Hack Week” to foster engineering ingenuity!
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with driven people and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is essential to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We celebrate an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Are you interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating what makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.