You are passionate about understanding people and designing product experiences for them. You thrive in a thoughtful environment of product thinkers and builders, and balance this with disciplined execution. You are pragmatic, but you aren’t averse to taking risks.
VSCO is looking for a UX/Research expert to join our Product team. You will work with the Product, Engineering, Design, and Data Science teams and dive deep into the needs and wants of our users to help turn your insights into a beautiful and seamless experience for our international community of passionate users.
- Work closely with the Product and Product Design teams to help distill complicated problems into simple, minimal solutions
- Think strategically about the product, business, and UI/UX, and help define what User Research looks like for our organization
- Actively help establish and iterate on VSCO’s product design and user experience methodology and clearly cascade information related to research to relevant teams
- Define team goals, create proposals, and conduct research studies using various methods (usability testing, ethnographic research, diary studies, surveys, and other creative approaches that would help us better understand the VSCO community)
- Take qualitative and quantitative data and turn it into compelling and tangible insights and recommendations to drive our products forward and make sure our users’ voices are heard
- A masters or PhD in a social science discipline such as psychology, sociology, economics, or similar field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of progressive expertise in user experience, interaction design, and building prototypes for a consumer facing product
- Ability to balance true creativity, the needs of the business, and what is best for our users and community
- Solid working knowledge of the latest design tools (e.g. Figma or Sketch)
- Experience designing, planning and implementing comprehensive user research practices
- Strong understanding of technical limitations, and an ability to advocate for concepts cross-functionally
Nice to have
- Some experience with SQL and quantitative analysis
- A deep appreciation for photography and other aspects of the arts would be greatly valued
VSCO is a mobile app that helps you create beautiful, professional-looking photos and videos right from your mobile phone. We offer extensive high-end image and video editing features, including 200+ filters, and access to a vibrant global community that inspires people to create and share their diverse experiences. VSCO’s mission is to help everybody fall in love with their creativity across all products and services.
Equity. Health, vision, dental insurance for families. Flexible vacation policy and a quarterly “Hack Week” to foster engineering ingenuity!
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with driven people and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is essential to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We celebrate an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Are you interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating what makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.