We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our Membership Team. Our team plays a critical role in the long-term success for VSCO, as we’re directly responsible for driving revenue and subscription growth for the company. We work collaboratively across the company to build spaces and programs for every creator to feel supported and to make the most of their membership. As we continue to evolve our subscription business, this team will be challenged to build scalable systems that enable marketing testing and expansion, drive the company to deliver high-quality UI with responsive and cohesive user experiences, and solve business challenges with innovation and technology.
You are passionate about understanding people and data to design accessible and engaging product experiences for them. You will conceptualize and execute engaging user experiences for VSCO iOS and Android apps. You will contribute to all parts of the product design process including research, ideation, workshops, presentations, design, and prototyping. You thrive in a collaborative, cross-functional, and diverse team. You have a positive and open mindset, and value receiving and providing feedback on design and strategic product decisions to deliver the best possible product experience.
- Collaborate with product, engineering, data, and research partners to define, execute and iterate on product features
- Rapidly prototype, design and test multiple product concepts
- Utilize and evolve the VSCO product design language to design high-quality product features
- Work with cross-functional partners to help define the roadmap within your product area
- Facilitate and participate in product review and product workshops
- Receive and provide feedback on designs and strategic product decisions to cross-functional partners and design leadership
- Work with design peers and design leadership to refine the design process
- 5+ years of experience in a product design role for mobile iOS and Android apps
- A strong portfolio showcasing a diverse range of product design work that is accessible, modular and scalable
- Expert in information architecture, interaction design, user interface design, and visual design
- Experience working collaboratively with product, engineering, data and research partners
- Solid working knowledge of the latest product design tools; Figma, Sketch, InVision, and Flinto (or similar)
- Strong understanding of typography, grids and color theory
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Nice to have
- Experience designing for ‘creative tools’, ‘community’ and ‘subscription’ products
- Strong motion and animation skills
VSCO is a mobile app that helps you create beautiful, professional-looking photos and videos right from your mobile phone. We offer extensive high-end photo and video editing features, including 200+ presets, and access to a vibrant global community that inspires people to create and to share their diverse experiences with one another. Across all products and services, VSCO’s mission is to help everybody fall in love with their own creativity.
Equity, health, vision, and dental insurance for families, and flexible vacation policy.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We celebrate an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.