Creativity is rarely a solo effort. As a Senior Product Manager for our Connection team at VSCO, you’ll help tens of millions of VSCO users connect over creativity and grow in a way they never could alone.
You appreciate the importance of creativity and community. You’re motivated to build and deeply understand communities. You will understand users’ needs - both stated and unstated -- and deliver a product beyond expectations. Doing so will require strong qualitative and quantitative research abilities, with a creative mindset and holistic approach to product management. You’ll set the vision and roadmap, working with your team to ship products that bring people together in the pursuit of creativity.
- Drive the near term and long term product strategy for creative connection on VSCO
- Lead the ideation, development, and launch of innovative ways to connect over creativity
- Motivate a cross functional team, helping the group do its best work
- Incorporate data, research and understanding of the marketing into your plan and decisions
- Handle ambiguity elegantly, moving your team from uncertainty to clarity
- Build products that empower our members and tie to company goals
- Stay in touch with users to understand what they love or don’t love as our product evolves
- Create framework for working with our users continuously, collaborating with Research to discover opportunities to foster community and connection between members
- Partner closely with our Trust & Safety team to ensure VSCO always feels safe and authentic for everyone
- BS in related field of study or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of Product Management experience
- Experience delivering consumer mobile apps, technology and services – ideally within social media or community-based spaces
- Ability to work in an agile and iterative startup environment, including rapid prototyping and scrappy research
- Proven ability to tell a story with compelling data and use an iterative approach to data collection and management
- Ability to use quantitative and qualitative sources to design and validate ideas
- Experience partnering with User Research, with a proven track record for building and testing delightful user experiences and delivering quantifiable results
- Strong technical background and experience working directly with Engineering, Product Design, and Data Science
Nice to have
- Experience with subscription businesses
- International product experience
VSCO is a mobile app that helps you create beautiful, professional-looking photos and videos right from your mobile phone. We offer extensive high-end photo and video editing features, including 200+ presets, and access to a vibrant global community that inspires people to create and to share their diverse experiences with one another. Across all products and services, VSCO’s mission is to help everybody fall in love with their own creativity.
Equity, health, vision, and dental insurance for families, and flexible vacation policy.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We celebrate an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture