VSCO’s creators generate billions of data points every single day. Our platform must reliably and efficiently process this data, make sense of it, and leverage it to build features our creators love. You will create the systems which bring value to VSCO’s creators from these datasets.
You thrive on complex data problems, and you’ve seen the value of a robust and powerful data platform. You get energy through building data infrastructure that leverages massive datasets to provide insights and understanding.
VSCO is looking for a Data Engineer to build and scale our data systems. As we continue to grow and innovate, we face unique scalability challenges. In this role, you will converge the power of analytics and data pipeline examination to influence how VSCO evolves.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to build reliable, scalable, and maintainable applications.
- Design, develop, deliver, and maintain large-scale data infrastructures.
- Work with streaming and batch systems to enable accurate, timely, and data-centric decisions.
- Build and maintain backend data systems that power integral functions within the VSCO platform.
- Improve tracking of data quality and consistency.
- You hold a BS or MS in computer science or equivalent experience.
- You have 3+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Experience with parallel computing platforms such as Spark, Hadoop, Apache Beam, etc.
- You are comfortable with SQL and well versed in dimensional modeling. You’ve leveraged cloud data warehouses technologies such as Snowflake, Redshift, or BigQuery
- Enthusiastic about software concepts such as testing, monitoring, documentation, etc.
Nice to have
- Fluent programming skills in Scala, or Java
- Experience with Kubernetes and Terraform
- Experience creating Spark streaming applications
- Experience with AWS or other cloud providers.
- Knowledge of distributed systems, database internals, and performance analysis.
- You have an appreciation for photography or other aspects of the arts.
VSCO is a mobile app that helps you create beautiful, professional-looking photos and videos right from your mobile phone. We offer extensive high-end photo, and video editing features, including 200+ presets, and access to a vibrant global community that inspires people to create and share their diverse experiences. VSCO’s mission is to help everybody fall in love with their creativity across all products and services.
Equity, health, vision, dental insurance for families, flexible vacation policy, Creative Fridays, and a quarterly “Hack Week” to foster engineering ingenuity!
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We celebrate an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating what makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.