You hold a passion for taking the written word and crafting content that will enhance the user experience with engaging and human language. You view content as equal parts data and creativity — you develop a strategy and communicate clear methodology, while also adding an artistic touch to the work you do. You function best in a collaborative environment, and thrive off of being a team player across varying channels. You think and execute strategically, always seeking to better the community experience through useful, concise and relevant wording.
VSCO is seeking a Sr. Content Strategist to join our Product Design team. You will create clear and concise product messaging that reflects the VSCO brand. Key stakeholders will include the Product and Marketing organizations, whom you will partner closely with through the entire product development lifecycle. You will be instrumental in bettering the user journey and experience through the language we use. You will be the leader of this space, ensuring we continue to educate and inspire our creative community through the use of thoughtful language.
- Own content strategy and implementation for VSCO products
- Build standards and taxonomy for our content strategy practice that is strongly aligned to our brand
- Plan and write content that resonate with VSCO members and users
- Utilize testing and experimentation to validate which verbiage is most impactful for key metrics
- Impact and influence how our product evolves over time by remaining curious and seeking out ways to improve the creator experience through words
- Partner closely with Product Design, Product, and Marketing, acting as the voice for product content
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of user flow(s) and UX/UI principles
- 4+ years of content strategy/UX writing experience (leadership/management experience a plus)
- Excellent verbal and copywriting skills
- Ability to write strategically and concise with a welcoming human tone
- High degree of attention to detail
- Working experience writing for a mobile product
- Desire to work in a collaborative, cross-functional organization
- Portfolio featuring work examples
Nice to have
- Interest and understanding of youth culture
- A deep appreciation for photography and/or other aspects of the arts
VSCO is a mobile app that helps you create beautiful, professional-looking photos and videos right from your mobile phone. We offer extensive high-end image, and video editing features, including 200+ presets, and access to a vibrant global community that inspires people to create and share their diverse experiences. VSCO’s mission is to help everybody fall in love with their creativity across all products and services.
Equity, health, vision, and dental insurance for families, and flexible vacation policy.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with driven people and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is essential to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We celebrate an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Are you interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating what makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.