We are looking for a Staff Product Designer to join the VSCO Product Design team. This is a unique opportunity to design and build accessible products that help people express themselves. Your role will be critical in helping identify new strategic opportunities that evolve our product experience and improve critical business metrics. You will conceptualize and execute engaging user experiences for VSCO iOS and Android apps. You are passionate about understanding people and data to design accessible and engaging product experiences for them. You will contribute to all parts of the product design process including research, ideation, workshops, presentations, design, and prototyping. You thrive in a collaborative, cross-functional, and diverse team. You have a positive and open mindset, and value receiving and providing feedback on design and strategic product decisions, to deliver the best possible product experience.
- Lead design strategy for new product opportunities within your product area, helping drive alignment and roadmap prioritization
- Collaborate with product, engineering, data, and research partners to define, execute and iterate on product features
- Rapidly prototype, design and test multiple product concepts
- Utilize and evolve the VSCO product design language to design high-quality product features
- Drive a high standard of design by principles and frameworks
- Facilitate and participate in product review and product workshops
- Receive and provide feedback on designs and strategic product decisions to cross-functional partners and design leadership
- Mentor other designers on the product design team through ongoing feedback and critique
- Work with design peers and design leadership to refine the design process
- Participate in recruitment efforts (i.e. interviewing your subject matter expertise)
- 8+ years of experience in a product design role for mobile iOS and Android apps
- A strong portfolio showcasing a diverse range of product design work that is accessible, modular and scalable
- Experience defining and maintaining product design systems
- Expert in information architecture, interaction design, user interface design, and visual design
- Experience working collaboratively with product, engineering, data and research partners
- Solid working knowledge of the latest product design tools; Figma, Sketch and Flinto (or similar)
- Strong understanding of typography, grids and color theory
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Nice to have
- Experience designing for ‘creative tools’, ‘community’ and ‘subscription’ products
- Strong motion and animation skills
VSCO is a mobile app that helps you create beautiful, professional-looking photos and videos right from your mobile phone. We offer extensive high-end image, and video editing features, including 200+ presets, and access to a vibrant global community that inspires people to create and share their diverse experiences. VSCO’s mission is to help everybody fall in love with their creativity across all products and services.
Equity, health, vision, and dental insurance for families, and flexible vacation policy.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with driven people and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is essential to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We celebrate an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Are you interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating what makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.