You are passionate about the trust and safety of our platform and users and ensuring that user safety is a core principle underlying everything we do. You are a natural leader and problem solver, who gets energy from bringing out the best in others. Working collaboratively with people to tackle even the trickiest of problems is a core strength of yours. You have impeccable judgement in sensitive situations and are deeply empathetic. You care about VSCO and are excited about supporting the growth of our platform.
VSCO is looking for a Director, Trust & Safety to lead our team in serving our growing, thriving creative community. You’ll lead our Trust & Safety team in day-to-day operations and be responsible for bringing next-level vision, integrity and experience for this function, creating ever-improving protocols, policies, processes, efficiencies, and tools to continue to provide a safe place for creative expression for our creators.
- Deliver on the vision of providing a safe place for creative expression and building a best-in-class Trust & Safety team and function
- Provide leadership to our Trust & Safety team, overseeing tactical and strategic matters, developing long-term strategy and initiatives, and setting the overall tone for how we approach supporting our community
- Build a data-driven approach for all safety actions and programs to identify opportunities, areas of needed focus, and tracking success
- Collaborate with our Product, Design, and Engineering teams to identify patterns and large scale issues as well as influence product teams to build and improve abuse detection, enforcement of our policies, analytics, and internal moderation tools
- Partner closely with our Support Team to investigate and resolve high-profile critical issues or incidents, responding directly to emails, inquiries, and social media as needed, and effectively resource moderation work and efforts
- Act as point of contact for safety crisis escalations that impact our community of creators
- Engage with our leadership team to drive and improve our tools and processes, bring insights to light, and evolve our Trust & Safety practice
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 7+ years experience and proven track record of implementing and managing trust and safety or risk management programs at scale in either social or e-commerce
- Depth of expertise working reciprocally and iteratively with engineering, product, and other cross-functional teams
- Strong critical thinking, able to analyze data, regulatory requirements and product capabilities, and solutions-oriented
- Excellent collaborator and consensus-building skills, including ability to communicate well (both written and verbal) and with great attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to both direct a team and stay hands on in the weeds
Nice to Have
- Zendesk experience
- Expertise in privacy and information security risk management and/or compliance management
- A personal connection to photography and/or art
VSCO is a photo company. We build creative tools and a community driven by self-expression. Our mission is to equip, educate, and inspire anyone on the journey towards realizing their creative potential.
Equity, health, vision and dental insurance for families, and a flexible vacation policy.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We celebrate an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.