You know what it takes to make a great product. You appreciate the beauty and importance of creativity and community. You like to identify and solve problems and have a track record of influencing both creatives and technologists to execute on a vision. You are personable, understand the languages of the creative and development worlds, and you take care of business.
As a Product Manager at VSCO, you will guide the entire lifecycle of a product line from strategic planning to tactical activities. You will evaluate ideas big and small, then prioritize and own execution from planning to release. You will follow through with quantitative and qualitative measures of success to iteratively reach the goals you set for your team.
- Drive the long term product strategy in your area
- Own the product development lifecycle by establishing a prioritized roadmap with milestones and delivery dates
- Drive the creation of product requirements – help generate feature ideas and facilitate agreements between internal teams, ensuring products are built efficiently
- Communicate, coordinate and work closely with company leaders, designers and engineers to deliver products that fit our company goals
- Stay in touch with users to understand what they love or don’t love as our product evolves
- Articulate user stories and business parameters, and identify success metrics for new products on an iterative basis
- BS in related field of study or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of Product Management experience
- Experience delivering consumer apps, technology and services – ideally shipping products to millions of users
- Passionate about delivering beautifully designed products while developing teams and individuals
- Ability to work in an agile and iterative startup environment
- Proven ability to tell a story with compelling data and use an iterative approach to data collection and management
- Ability to use quantitative and qualitative sources to design and validate ideas
- Understanding of UI/UX best practices, including when to follow patterns and when to push boundaries
- Strong technical background and experience working directly with engineers, with a firm grasp on the technical details driving the product
Nice to have
- A personal interest in art and/or photography
- International product experience
VSCO is a mobile app that helps you create beautiful, professional-looking photos and videos right from your mobile phone. We offer extensive high-end photo and video editing features, including 200+ presets, and access to a vibrant global community that inspires people to create and to share their diverse experiences with one another. Across all products and services, VSCO’s mission is to help everybody fall in love with their own creativity.
Free delicious lunches daily, amazing snack selections, and the best coffee around. Equity, health, vision, and dental insurance for families, and flexible vacation policy.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We celebrate an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture