You know how to craft the story behind the numbers, as well as the story with the numbers, creating connection points across all of our business verticals to impact our objectives. You are intrinsically motivated and eager to make a positive impact by balancing the strategic with the analytical. You get energy from helping to make others and VSCO successful, with an ego-free approach to collaboration.
As part of our Finance and Strategy team, you will provide thought partnership and analysis to support strategy and decision-making across the company. As a VSCO Business Intelligence Manager, you will be a critical member of the BizOps team, helping to drive data-informed decisions. An ideal candidate has deep business domain expertise in a subscription business, and is passionate about translating data into actionable business insights.
- Collaborate with the Leadership, Strategy, Finance and Insights teams to understand the reporting and analytics needs for the organization.
- Design, build, and automate key business metrics into visualizations, dashboards, slack bots, scorecards, etc that tell the story of VSCO.
- Partner with the Data Engineering team and Data Insights team to leverage the right data sets and models needed to support your work.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to support the development and communication of analysis to drive VSCO’s business forward. This includes reporting on and identifying risks and opportunities across our core business metrics for leads, investors, strategy, finance, and product teams.
- BA/BS degree, preferably in math, science, engineering or business, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in Analytics or Business Intelligence roles
- Excellent at SQL, ability to work in redshift, and functional knowledge of python (able to create data tables).
- Thorough understanding of mobile app subscription business models and operating metrics
- Shown experience independently operating as a partner to the business and delivering results in a rapidly changing environment at various stages of scale
- Collaboration and communication skills, and experience in influencing stakeholders at variety of leveled experience
Nice to have
- 3+ years of experience in management consulting, financial planning and analysis, and/or in-house strategy / operations experience at a technology company
- Interest and/or experience in the creative and/or photography space
VSCO is a mobile app that helps you create beautiful, professional-looking photos and videos right from your mobile phone. We offer extensive high-end photo and video editing features, including 200+ presets, and access to a vibrant global community that inspires people to create and to share their diverse experiences with one another. Across all products and services, VSCO’s mission is to help everybody fall in love with their own creativity.
Equity, health, vision, and dental insurance for families, and flexible vacation policy.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We celebrate an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture