At VSCO, we build creative tools, spaces, and connections driven by self-expression. Our mission is to help everybody fall in love with their own creativity. You, as a talented developer, are motivated by having a direct impact on the expression and education of millions of global creators, and will help them invest in themselves with intention. There is no higher order than an exceptional product. Clean code is implied.
We are looking for an iOS Engineer to play an integral role on our Engagement team, and to work on a product that impacts millions of people around the world. The Engagement team is a passionate group of developers focused on building features that help our users create and share. Your work will impact areas like user acquisition, engagement, and revenue.
- Build clean, testable, maintainable, and idiomatic code, and drive the team forward in relation to code quality
- Collaborate with our Design, Product, and Marketing teams in concepting, prototyping, user testing, and implementing new features
- Identify opportunities for growth, whether they are innovations or optimizations of our existing flows or something else entirely
- Got an idea to make VSCO better? Ideate and implement your own experiments that millions of users will see, learn from experimentation to continue to build better user experiences without creating long-term technical debt
- Partner cross-functionally with fellow engineers to ensure consistency is maintained across platforms
- 4+ years of experience working on mobile applications on iOS (Swift and/or Objective-C)
- Experience working on mobile consumer applications
- Expertise collaborating closely with designers and product managers
- Experience working with Experimentation tools
- Skilled in writing unit tests and testable code
- Experience leading development of complex, high-impact projects
- Experience mentoring and collaborating with junior engineers
- Experience collaborating with other engineers: iOS, Android, server, and web
Nice to have
- Passion to learn about the business, being metrics driven and balancing it with user experience
- Passion for beautiful, responsive, and functional design
- Familiarity with photo and video in the mobile space
- Experience with StoreKit and in-app purchases
- Familiarity with Android to facilitate cross-platform design discussions
- Experience interacting (or even developing!) server-based APIs via REST and/or gRPC
VSCO is a mobile app that helps you create beautiful, professional-looking photos and videos right from your mobile phone. We offer extensive high-end photo and video editing features, including 200+ presets, and access to a vibrant global community that inspires people to create and to share their diverse experiences with one another. Across all products and services, VSCO’s mission is to help everybody fall in love with their own creativity.
Equity, health, vision, and dental insurance for families, and flexible vacation policy.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We celebrate an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.