You enjoy bringing new products to market, from developing the initial value proposition to driving adoption through strong product storytelling. You have an eye for highlighting the unique value that VSCO brings to our community and are able to clearly align our user needs with product narrative. You’re skilled in collaborating with others and seek to champion the consumer in every product and feature you launch.
VSCO is seeking a Product Marketing Manager to help drive strategy and marketing of products and features. In partnership with the team, this role would help define target audiences, own product positioning, develop lifecycle marketing strategies, and lead product storytelling. They will effectively serve as the “voice of the user” through product development and the go-to-market process, collaborating with Product on translating consumer insights into product experiences. They’ll work closely with Business Development on marketing opportunities with external partners and partner heavily with Brand Marketing and Digital Marketing to ensure all product messaging is relevant and consistent for consumers across channels.
- Understand what the customer values, needs, and wants through consumer insights research and quantitative analysis
- Lead customer value proposition, product positioning, and key consumer use cases to drive the communication and narrative of products and features both internally and externally
- Collaborate with Growth, Product and Design to translate user insights into targeted lifecycle marketing strategies
- Partner with Business Development on identifying opportunities with external partners and planning any cross-promotion
- Partner with Brand/Digital marketing on relevant and consistent product storytelling through the go-to-market process
- Lead product storytelling through PR and editorial
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the broader creative experiences ecosystem and competitive landscape to develop strategic product feedback, positioning and messaging
- BA/BS degree, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of business consulting, product marketing, brand marketing, and/or product management experience
- Strong strategic and analytical mindset with the ability to also think creatively
- Proven verbal and written communication skills with a strong customer focus
- Proven ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams and execute go-to-market plans, from research to conception to launch/adoption
- Comfortable representing VSCO to external partners
- Comfortable working in a highly collaborative organization in a cross-functional capacity within a fast paced, often ambiguous, start-up environment
Nice to have
- Start-up experience
- Experience working on a subscription based product and/or promoting a membership
- A personal connection to photography and the arts
VSCO is a mobile app that helps you create beautiful, professional-looking photos and videos right from your mobile phone. We offer extensive high-end photo and video editing features, including 200+ presets, and access to a vibrant global community that inspires people to create and to share their diverse experiences with one another. Across all products and services, VSCO’s mission is to help everybody fall in love with their own creativity.
Free delicious lunches daily, amazing snack selections, and the best coffee around. Equity, health, vision, and dental insurance for families, and flexible vacation policy.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We celebrate an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture