Staff Software Engineer, Machine Learning
You hold a curious and growth-oriented mindset. You want to harness the power of algorithms to enable millions of users to create, discover and connect. You are particularly excited about the opportunity to build machine learning based product features for a global, creative community.
VSCO is seeking a machine learning engineer to join our Machine Learning team and take our search, discovery and recommendation capabilities to the next level. You will have the opportunity to train ML models and build product features that utilize them to support search, discovery, recommendation and personalization for a community of creatives creating incredible content. You will work closely with the product team, the data team and other engineering teams to create and perfect the discovery experience for our community through machine learning.
- Develop scalable models and product features related to search, algorithmic discovery, personalization, and recommendation
- Work with teams cross-functionally to develop and improve VSCO’s machine learning pipeline that goes all the way from R&D to at-scale deployment
- Work with teams cross-functionally to create tools to better engage new users, and better understand existing users through experimentation
- Define and drive the technical vision for machine learning frameworks (server side and on-device) with other engineers as well as cross-functional partners in Product and Design
- 4+ years experience in software engineering, machine learning, or similar role
- Experience training machine learning models and building product features using those models
- Experience designing at-scale machine learning algorithms for search, algorithmic discovery, personalization, and recommendation
- Experience working with distributed systems and large scale data-pipelines
- Ability to build quick prototypes to try out a few different implementation approaches and using them to drive towards a decision
Nice to have
- Experience with Python, TensorFlow, and Spark
- Experience in image and video ML model training
- Experience/interest in ML research - reading and implementing research papers
- Experience with Core ML on iOS or TensorFlow Lite on Android
- Mobile app development experience (iOS/Android)
VSCO is a mobile app that helps you create beautiful, professional-looking photos and videos right from your mobile phone. We offer extensive high-end photo and video editing features, including 200+ presets, and access to a vibrant global community that inspires people to create and to share their diverse experiences with one another. Across all products and services, VSCO’s mission is to help everybody fall in love with their own creativity.
Free delicious lunches daily, amazing snack selections, and the best coffee around. Equity, health, vision, and dental insurance for families, and flexible vacation policy.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We celebrate an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture