You are curious and driven to collect, analyze and interpret data that will be used to inform product decisions. You can break down complex and ambiguous technical questions and provide clear answers in return. You are not afraid of digging into the data and working across teams to find missing pieces. You care about the integrity and validity of the data. You are excited to help co-workers solve data puzzles, and even more so to teach them how to do it on their own.
VSCO is looking for a Senior Product Analyst to take our data practice to the next level. You will build our data model with industry best practices, extracting insights to influence the product roadmap, and building models describing user behavior or content performance. You will have a hand in defining how we do data at VSCO, scope out projects, propose approaches, and drive them to completion.
- Build our Data Model for user behavior, marketing analytics, and content analytics using best practices on Hadoop or Redshift, and in collaboration with our Data Engineering team
- Guide the instrumentation, testing, and analysis of new features in collaboration with the Product Team
- Mine user data to uncover the drivers of user engagement and propose new actions
- Analyze content performance to inform content creation and recommendation
- Build ad hoc reports and visualization to help teams measure the performance of their business units
- Help grow the data analytics team
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, or Economics
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in the consumer app space
- Demonstrated experience extracting, manipulating, and analyzing complex data using SQL and R or Python
- Good understanding of ETL and data pipelines; Hands-on experience cleaning and aggregating large data sets for analysis and visualization (SQL/MapReduce)
- Deep understanding and working knowledge of statistical analysis techniques such as hypothesis testing and regression analysis
Nice to have
- Experience writing ETL and data manipulation scripts in MapReduce, Hive, or Spark
- A deep appreciation for photography and the visual arts