Creating an environment where people can do their best work is a key strength and motivator for you. You care deeply about building exceptional mobile products, systems, and tools for a global creative audience. You are a thoughtful leader that draws energy from mentoring and growing others. You prioritize people always and understand the work of the whole is better than that of one individual.
VSCO is seeking an Engineering Manager to lead one of our talented teams of engineers. As part of a focused engineering team, you’ll build tools, solutions, and scalable systems for our iOS and Android platforms to improve mobile developer efficiency.
The Mobile Infrastructure team is responsible for VSCO’s mobile build systems, CI/CD, integrating with QA, and delivering our product to millions of users every week. Our engineering teams are extremely collaborative, constantly looking for ways to improve how we work to ensure we uphold a high bar of quality and performance in the products we ship. As an EM, you’ll be responsible for providing your team with the feedback, tools, systems, and processes needed to help them reach their fullest potential – individually and collectively.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to understand, test and improve our mobile engineers’ development tools and processes
- Regularly groom the team’s backlog, in partnership with members of your team, to ensure work is correctly prioritized
- Contribute to identifying weak points, while providing solutions to the product development and delivery process
- Manage, mentor and grow a team of skilled engineers through an environment of continuous feedback, and thought partnership
- Collaborate with leadership to set vision, implement project plans, and deliver excellent solutions to uphold a highly performant and quality application
- Build your team, hand-in-hand with our People Ops team: invest time and build scalable processes to source, screen, interview, and hire people that elevate our team
- Lead and contribute to discussions and decisions around the projects your team takes on, dividing work into milestones, and creating systems to foster and track momentum on project execution
- 6+ years experience in software development
- 4+ years of experience in an engineering leadership role, with 2+ years experience managing other engineers
- 2+ years experience working on mobile apps (strong preference given to experience building native applications on iOS and/or Android)
- Experienced with CI/CD automation solutions (Jenkins, Travis CI, CircleCI etc)
- Experienced with build tools (Gradle, XCode, Bazel, Fastlane)
- Experience using metrics/data to inform solutions and decisions
- Solid understanding of quality engineering and application distribution practices
- Track record of solving business challenges with strategic thinking, working across departments and solving business-wide challenges, both in and out of engineering
Nice to have
- A deep appreciation for photography, video and/or other aspects of the arts would be greatly valued