You are energized by building communications programs from scratch and you love to stay on top of the changing news environments and trends. You thrive in environments that require both strategic thinking and a “roll up your sleeves” attitude. You are a master storyteller and know how to rally people around you to help put the best foot forward for the company. You are a creative and resourceful self-starter who inspires confidence in everything you do.
As the Director of Consumer Communications, you will lead all aspects of the consumer communications programs, including product communications, partner communications, research/data comms opportunities, and Influencer/community efforts, such as teen and parent outreach. You will help build strategic communications plans to elevate VSCO’s consumer story and larger innovation narrative to a diverse audience group, including consumer and tech media, VSCO users and subscribers, with a particular focus on Gen Z and creatives.
- Develop the external communication strategy aligned to key business objectives and priorities that support the growth of VSCO’s community and product experience.
- Identify and leverage compelling research initiatives to support how we tell VSCO’s consumer and product story to a diverse audience, including users, customers, partners, and media influencers.
- Build proactive public relations campaigns, and product announcements that reinforce VSCO’s diverse product portfolio/experience and growing community.
- Act as primary contact for top-tier consumer media for VSCO, particularly with national outlets, on-air personalities, bloggers and influencers.
- Identify and build a program that activates third-party advocates for storytelling opportunities, including community leaders/users/members of VSCO.
- Work closely with business development, marketing, and product teams to amplify partnership opportunities across brand and VSCO’s product experience.
- Build strong measurement foundation for the consumer communications program, rooted in clear success metrics including clear outcomes, tactics, and timelines (and goes beyond coverage and sentiment).
- 10+ years experience with a proven track record of working in fast-paced corporate environments, including direct experience managing business momentum stories with media and leading the strategy and development of corporate brand initiatives.
- Keen attention and interest in trending news, memes; strong advocate for teen culture.
- Ability to pivot quickly and have “social” first mindset for campaigns and strategies to reach target audience of Gen Z.
- Direct experience working with consumer media, influencers, and bloggers, including national broadcast outlets and on-air personalities.
- Expertise in strategic communications, written communications, media relations, and message development.
- Demonstrates poise and maturity in working with C-level executives and cross functional teams.
- Experience managing high-pressure situations and ability to identify and move quickly towards solutions.
- Experience analyzing broad sets of data and inputs to turn into actionable recommendations and program ideas.
- Exceptional attention-to-detail and highly organized — able to successfully prioritize across multiple projects and cross functional stakeholders to move ideas into execution.
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments that require agility, resourcefulness, and being assertive.
Nice to have:
- In-house experience working at a consumer technology company is preferred.
- A deep appreciation for photography, video and/or other aspects of the arts would be greatly valued.