You are energized by building communications programs from scratch and you love to stay on top of the changing news environments and trends. You thrive in environments that require both strategic thinking and a “roll up your sleeves” attitude. You are a master storyteller and know how to rally people around you to help put the best foot forward for the company. You are a creative and resourceful self-starter who inspires confidence in everything you do.
As the Director of Corporate Communications, you will lead all aspects of the corporate communications programs, including executive communications, thought leadership initiatives, crisis communications, internal communications and corporate/employer branding efforts. You will help build strategic plans and initiatives to help elevate the VSCO story to a diverse audience group, including corporate media, VSCO users and subscribers, current and future employees, investors and influencers around the world.
- Develop the external communication strategy aligned to key business objectives and priorities.
- Identify and leverage thought leadership initiatives to support how we tell VSCO’s story to a diverse audience, including users, customers, employees, investors, partners and industry.
- Work with the leadership team to develop key narratives, metrics and programs that elevate VSCO’s corporate reputation and industry positioning.
- Act as the primary contact for top-tier press for VSCO with business and technology media.
- Develop a comprehensive internal communications program that engages employees across all aspects of VSCO, generates rich dialogue and collaboration, and amplifies our unique culture.
- Manage twice weekly the Company All Hands agenda and content, as well as other employee engagement events and communications channels.
- Build a comprehensive internal communications program for employees that generates rich dialogue and collaboration across the employee base and offices.
- Work with cross functional teams to develop a corporate and employer brand strategy for the company, to help recruit and retain employees, and to be seen as a positive corporate citizen in the communities we represent.
- Create a foundation for measurement of our corporate comms program, including clear success metrics for outcomes, tactics, and timelines, that goes beyond coverage and sentiment.
- 10+ years experience with a proven track record of working in fast-paced corporate environments, including direct experience managing business momentum stories with media and leading the strategy and development of corporate brand initiatives.
- Expertise in strategic communications, written communications, media relations, message development, and reputation and crisis management.
- Demonstrated poise and maturity in working with C-level executives across corporate priorities and time-sensitive issues.
- Experience managing high-pressure situations with an ability to identify and move quickly towards solutions.
- Experienced in analyzing broad sets of data and inputs to turn into actionable recommendations and program ideas.
- Exceptional attention to detail and highly organized — able to successfully prioritize across multiple projects and cross functional stakeholders.
- Ability to thrive in fast paced environments that require agility, resourcefulness, and assertiveness.
Nice to have:
- In-house experience working at a consumer technology company is preferred.
- A deep appreciation for photography, video and/or other aspects of the arts would be greatly valued.