You appreciate the beauty and importance of creativity. You love identifying and solving problems, with a track record of influencing both creatives and technologists to execute on a vision. You are personable, articulate in creative practices and software development, and driven to make a meaningful impact on a rapidly growing business.
As our Director of Product Management for our Subscriptions team, you will be responsible for building and leading the development of our subscriptions strategy and product offering, as well as being the product lead in our Chicago office. Doing so will require strong qualitative and quantitative research abilities, with a creative mindset and holistic approach to product management. You’ll set the vision and roadmap, and work iteratively to ship and test features by partnering closely with our business operations, growth, mobile client and server teams to drive membership growth while ensuring we are investing in infrastructure that enables us to scale our subscriptions business.
- At the highest level, you are responsible for facilitating the ideation, development, and launch of quality products
- Ensure your team is working on the highest impact things by constantly working to understand and identify the highest impact product investments
- Communicate, coordinate and work closely with company leaders, designers, analysts and engineers to deliver products that fit our company goals
- Own the product development lifecycle in a cross-functional team with a prioritized roadmap, clear milestones, and short iteration cycles
- Stay in touch with users to understand what they love or don’t love as our product evolves
- Articulate user stories and business parameters, and identify success metrics for new products on an iterative basis
- 8+ years of prior experience delivering consumer apps, technology and services – shipping products to millions of users
- BS in related field of study or equivalent work experience. Experience in building monetization, subscription products is preferred.
- Direct experience focusing on the growth of a new or established product
- Passionate about delivering beautifully designed products while developing teams and individuals
- Proven ability to tell a story with compelling data and use an iterative approach to data collection and management
- Ability to use quantitative and qualitative sources to design and validate ideas
- Understanding of UI/UX best practices, including when to follow patterns and when to push boundaries
- Strong technical background and experience working directly with engineers, with a firm grasp on the technical details driving the product
VSCO is a creative channel. We build creative tools, spaces and connections driven by self-expression. Our Mission is to help everybody fall in love with their own creativity.
Delicious lunches daily, amazing snack selections and the best coffee around. Equity, health, vision and dental insurance for families, and a flexible vacation policy.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We celebrate an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.