You are motivated by developing meaningful connections through partnerships: partnerships between a brand and its community members, partnerships between like-minded brands and also a spirit of partnership working within your functional (marketing) team and cross-functional teams.
You find energy in connecting brands with their communities in an authentic way. You are creative and consumer-centric in developing relationships and structuring partnerships with other brands. You thrive in a world where you imagine a program or partnership coming to life, and the role you played in doing so.
You have experience in developing partnerships and/or community programs; from concept to execution. You have the ability to evaluate potential marketing partnerships according to the business and brand objectives. You are quick to champion the consumer in any partnership, ensuring that any partnership or program is developed with the consumer in mind. You recognize the value of a strong community of creators and the role of partnerships in helping to build brand awareness and recognition.
VSCO is looking for a Brand Marketing Manager to help manage marketing programs and activations that involve our VSCO community members and brand partners. You will collaborate closely with the Brand Marketing and Creative teams, along with outbound marketing channels (e.g. PR, content, digital, etc.), to ensure programs are consistent and focused on our community’s values. In addition, you will help the marketing team with event and partnership production, project management, and post-program success metrics. You will evaluate potential partnerships, help structure programs as well as work across the marketing team to execute. You will also lead our grant program VSCO Voices which is an annual program dedicated to creating social impact through creativity in partnership with Access Ventures.
- Act as the point-of-contact for partnership opportunities on behalf of the marketing team (inbound and outbound)
- Manage marketing programs and activations that involve our community members and brand partners
- Develop a process to evaluate co-marketing initiatives
- Assist in the development of the partnership strategy as part of the annual marketing plan with the Director of Brand Marketing
- Collaborate with the internal creative team, biz dev, and external freelancers/agencies
- Lead the VSCO Voices grant program, from concept to grantee selection, stewardship and final project reveals (working in partnership with Access Ventures and collaboratively with internal VSCO team across social, content and creative)
- Work with cross-functional internal teams and external partners to successfully execute various marketing initiatives that drive growth, awareness, and sentiment
- Collaborate with brand, business development, and product teams to strategically evaluate and report on marketing programs
- Build close relationships with community members and brand partners
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or Communications
- 5+ years of marketing or advertising experience (brand or agency-side experience)
- Program management; able to break down and execute complex projects end-to-end, establishes next steps with clear, mutual commitments
- Ability to work in a collaborative, cross-functional organization
- Works on problems of diverse scope that require cross-functional support
- Ability to structure partnerships and programs to impact the broader business/company
- Excellent organizational, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
Nice to have
- A deep appreciation for photography, video and/or other aspects of the arts would be greatly valued
- Sense of creativity and understanding of the creative process
- Appreciation and understanding of the creative community; experience in the grant or social impact word