You are an expert at bringing new products to market from developing the initial value proposition to driving adoption through strong product storytelling. You have an eye for highlighting the unique value that VSCO brings to our community and are able to clearly align our user needs with product narrative and execution. You’re skilled in collaborating with others and seek to champion the consumer in every product and feature you launch.
VSCO is seeking a Director of Product Marketing to help drive strategy and marketing of products and features among our target audiences. In partnership with the product team, this role would help define target audiences, own product positioning, develop key value propositions, and lead product storytelling. They will effectively serve as the “voice of the user” through product development and the go-to-market process, collaborating with Product on translating consumer insights into product experiences. They’ll also partner heavily with Brand Marketing and Digital Marketing to ensure all product messaging is relevant and consistent for consumers across channels.
The ideal candidate will have a multi-disciplinary background, including business strategy, product marketing, analytical skills, and be passionate about building products customers love. You will also lead a small team of direct reports to elevate and scale the product marketing discipline across the company.
- Be the trusted voice in surfacing qualitative and quantitative customer insights to shape product direction, ensure product-market fit and scale adoption
- Lead customer value proposition, product positioning, and key consumer use cases to drive the communication and narrative of products and features both internally and externally
- Collaborate with Product and Design teams to translate user insights into product and feature requirements through testing and launch phases
- Partner with Brand/Digital marketing on relevant and consistent product storytelling through the go-to-market process
- Lead a small team of direct reports and have impact on a larger cross-functional business team by building holistic project plans and ensuring accountability across partners
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the broader creative experiences ecosystem and competitive landscape to develop strategic product feedback, positioning and messaging
- BA/BS degree, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of consumer marketing experience (tech experience preferred), preferably in product marketing and/or product innovation with 4+ years of experience leading marketing teams
- Proven ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams, such as product and data, and execute go-to-market plans from conception to launch/adoption
- Strong strategic and analytical mindset with the ability to also think creatively
- Proven verbal and written communication skills with a strong consumer focus
- Comfortable working in a highly collaborative organization in a cross-functional capacity within a fast paced, often ambiguous, start-up environment
Nice to have
- Start-up experience
- Agency experience
- A deep appreciation for photography, video and/or other aspects of the arts would be greatly valued
VSCO is a creative channel. We build creative tools, spaces and connections driven by self-expression. Our Mission is to help everybody fall in love with their own creativity.
Free delicious lunches daily, amazing snack selections, and the best coffee around. Equity, health, vision and dental insurance for families, and a flexible vacation policy.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We celebrate an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.