Your passion is using data and research to understand and shape user behavior. One of your core competencies is transforming data into a story that informs both high level strategy and tactical decision-making. You understand the importance of integrating user research and analytics into a single, powerful set of actionable insights. You are excited by the opportunity to shape and grow a team of talented data scientists and researchers, teaching them how to influence and inform strategy and decision-making across the company.
VSCO is looking for a Director, Data Analytics and Insights to build upon our existing data practice and use those insights to help everybody fall in love with their own creativity. You will lead both Data Science Analytics and User Research professionals as they use research and analysis to inform strategy and decision-making across the company (business operations, marketing, product, engineering and leadership).
- Set the vision and drive the overall roadmap for a team focused on measurement, analysis, visualization and storytelling across data science analytics and user research
- Ensure analytics and insights are actionable for cross-functional teams
- Partner closely with product, engineering, and design to drive new insights and product ideas into the development lifecycle
- Collaborate with the leadership team to use data and research insights to drive strategic roadmapping and decisions
- Manage, coach, and hire a team team of data scientists for analytics and user researchers
- Take on the role of organizational thought leader for how we use data and research insights to make informed decisions
- 8+ years industry experience
- 4+ years experience in leading, hiring and managing a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Thought Leadership around how to use data and research in the context of enterprise strategy
- Ability to create a compelling narrative and drive internal decision making by using qualitative & quantitative data
- Strong background/experience with ETL, data mining, statistical analysis, data processing with very large amounts of data
- Strong understanding and ability to operate with SQL and Redshift
- Experience designing databases & data schemas
- Prior experience working with data at a consumer driven company
Nice to Have
- Understanding and ability to operate with systems and tools including Kafka, Spark, TensorFlow
- Experience owning a data practice and implementing product roadmap(s)
- A deep appreciation for photography, video and/or other aspects of the arts would be greatly valued
VSCO is a creative channel. We build creative tools, spaces and connections driven by self-expression. Our Mission is to help everybody fall in love with their own creativity.
Free delicious lunches daily, amazing snack selections, and the best coffee around. Equity, health, vision and dental insurance for families, and a flexible vacation policy.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We celebrate an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.