VSA Partners is a group of dedicated, collaborative and kind people that value smarts over egos. We work very hard to create human-centered, insight-inspired work that moves people, changes behavior, and answers real strategic problems. We started as a design firm over 30 years ago and operate today with a “design thinking” approach to everything we do. Formally, we’re a branding and marketing company that approaches business challenges holistically and aims to break down silos between branding, digital, marketing and advertising. Informally, we’re a family that comes together at the table every day to make something great.
VSA has a Recruit from Everywhere, Work from Anywhere policy so most of our roles can be based anywhere in the US!
As a Strategist you’ll get to:
- Work independently and collaboratively with other members of the Strategy team to understand a client’s business in the context of their sector, competitors, customer dynamics and overall economic environment.
- Participate in strategic initiatives including: industry and competitive analysis, consumer/stakeholder research and analysis, whitespace identification, brand positioning and brand character, brand architecture and naming, personas, customer journey mapping and messaging playbooks, operationalizing strategies across lines of business, including success metrics.
- Participate in developing and conducting quantitative and qualitative research programs, including analysis and uncovering key insights
- Tell strategic, thoughtful stories that connect with clarity and power, and help clients make difficult decisions.
- Combine your strong command of language and visualization to incorporate diagrams, frameworks, imagery, metaphors and other conceptual models in brainstorms and deliverables.
- Build a synergistic rapport with VSA’s design, writing and UX teams to align on creative direction and tactics.
- Partner closely with project management to ensure healthy fiscal performance and with client engagement directors to establish high-value rapports.
- Participate in conversations with director and VP-level clients that establish trust and maintain VSA as a strategic go-to partner.
- Be a dynamic, agile and additive member of growing team.
Skills needed to succeed and flourish:
- A natural fit in a right-brain/left-brain work environment.
- Able to think analytically, critically and creatively to develop simple, sophisticated solutions to complex problems.
- Skilled in consultative brand strategy, and the role of digital + traditional media across all stages of the customer journey
- Collaborative, curious, confident and empathetic, and able to develop compelling client deliverables and help build trusted client relationships.
- Strong communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent organization and time leadership skills.
- Ability to develop effectual relationships in an agency environment and operate with peers and senior executives from other VSA disciplines
- Able to work autonomously and know when to seek mentorship in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of personal passion and self-motivation.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and eagerness to further define this role and its value to VSA Partners.
Your background must include:
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience in strategic planning at a marketing-communications agency, management consulting, or strategic branding firm
- Knowledge of various industry sectors. Experience with B2B brands and high tech a plus.
VSA Partners is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive, equitable environment for all employees. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit and business need.
California Residents - Please review our California Privacy Notice here.
VSA PARTNERS, LLC