VSA Partners is a group of dedicated, collaborative and kind people that value smarts over egos. We work very hard to create human-centered, insight-inspired work that moves people, changes behavior, and answers real strategic problems. We started as a design firm over 30 years ago and operate today with a “design thinking” approach to everything we do. Formally, we’re a branding and marketing company that approaches business challenges holistically and aims to break down silos between branding, digital, marketing and advertising. Informally, we’re a family that comes together at the table every day to make something great.
VSA has a Recruit from Everywhere, Work from Anywhere policy so most of our roles can be based anywhere in the US!
The Senior Project Manager is expected to:
Project Delivery Management
- Oversee and direct multiple projects at a time at a given brand or client, potentially across multiple brands, clients, or a single, complex project.
- Ensure projects meet or exceed internal team and client expectations, including being on time and on budget, while occasionally being responsible for one or more project managers (dependent on client and project).
- Interface heavily with senior marketing, technical, and executive management at the client to ensure the solution is understood and addresses the customer’s business requirements.
- Contribute content and presentation of key client deliverables as needed to ensure relevancy, strategy, quality, and timeliness.
- Manage and control project scope and the change control process to ensure that projects are executed according to agreed-upon scope, schedule, and budget.
- Supervise and raise awareness of all project issues and risks, working with appropriate team members to develop solutions.
- Communicate relevant project information to the client, such as status, risk, issues, or deliverables.
- Review and contribute to all client SOWs for accuracy, grammar, and spelling.
- Collaborate with the project team to drive the approach, deliverables, schedule, and tools to deliver the project within established constraints; ensure accurate financial management of projects.
- Coordinate activities of the project team and ensure project tasks, including scheduling and facilitating project-related team meetings (i.e., kickoffs, status, internal/client reviews), conveying action steps to the team, and delivering weekly status reports to project team, the client, and management.
- Develop, maintain, review, and/or disseminate project documentation, including status reports, invoices, change orders, project timelines, budgets, and sunset reviews.
- Ensure project documentation is produced in the standard format, follows internal documentation processes, and is reviewed and approved.
- Work with Resource Management to ensure projects are appropriately staffed, including both employee and contract resources.
- Mentor junior team members and provide employee on-boarding and training.
- Ensure junior team members follow standard policies and procedures and proactively identify and recommend improvements.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
The Senior Project Manager has the following education, experience, and licenses:
- 5+ years of demonstrated ability coordinating traditional or digital projects, preferably in a consulting or agency environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration with a concentration in project management, marketing, or related field.
- Experience using project management methodology, including the ability to identify and resolve issues, mitigate risk, develop detailed task-based project plans and specifications, perform resource allocations, and lead team meetings.
- Experience with project life cycles, web development processes, and the delivery of solutions with creative and engineering components, advertising projects, brand strategy, and research projects.
To succeed, they must have the following skills, abilities, and knowledge:
- Ability to develop and demonstrate an understanding of the client’s business, needs, expectations, and requirements.
- Ability to mentor and direct junior project managers.
- Strong knowledge of one or more of the following: web development processes and the delivery of solutions with creative and technology components, advertising, digital marketing, print, strategy, and research.
- Strong digital literacy in MS Office/Google Suite (particularly Excel/Sheets), email, project, and team communication software (e.g., Smartsheet, Jira, Slack, DoneDone).
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong team player; ability to assist with facilitating teams and clients.
- Ability to interact at all levels of the company and with external parties in a professional manner, maintaining effective communication—both written and spoken.
- Ability to be highly organized, accurate, and timely; able to prioritize.
- Adaptability, flexibility, persistence, versatility, and ability to handle multiple projects and changing priorities.
- Ability to organize information, pay attention to detail, accurately follow procedures, maintain confidential information, and remember important pieces of information.
- Ability to maintain self-motivation and to work independently and in collaborative environments.
- Some evenings and weekend work may occasionally be required to meet deadlines.
VSA Partners is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive, equitable environment for all employees. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit and business need.
California Residents - Please review our California Privacy Notice here.
VSA PARTNERS, LLC