Voyager Therapeutics (Nasdaq: VYGR) is a biotechnology company dedicated to breaking through barriers in gene therapy and neurology. The potential of both disciplines has been constrained by delivery challenges; Voyager is leveraging innovative expertise in capsid discovery and deep neuropharmacology capabilities to address these constraints. Voyager’s TRACER AAV capsid discovery platform has generated novel capsids with high target delivery and blood-brain barrier penetration at low doses, potentially addressing the narrow therapeutic window associated with conventional gene therapy delivery vectors. This platform is fueling alliances with Pfizer Inc., Novartis and Neurocrine Biosciences as well as multiple programs in Voyager’s own pipeline. Voyager’s pipeline includes preclinical programs in Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), each with validated targets and biomarkers to enable a path to rapid potential proof-of-biology. For more information, visit www.voyagertherapeutics.com.
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated Research Associate to contribute to our Assay Development team at our facility in Cambridge, Massachusetts. This is an ideal position for an individual with a strong background in bioanalytical assays and methods development, who thrives in a team-oriented, fast-paced, and cross-disciplinary small biotech environment. The successful candidate will have a primary role in the development of large molecule quantification and other biochemical assays. In addition, the candidate will participate in the development, implementation, and execution of assays to assess vector biodistribution, transgene expression, and pharmacodynamic effects in various tissues.
- Develop, optimize, and transfer PK, immunogenicity (i.e., Anti-Drug Antibody, ADA), and biochemical assays, including enzymatic assays
- Utilize molecular and cell-based assays to identify, validate, and translate potential pharmacodynamic and predictive biomarkers in preclinical models
- Perform sample testing, tabulate the results, and present in team meetings
- Adopt innovative technologies in improving bioanalytical methods
- Integrate and collaborate with internal research teams in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain laboratory equipment per manufacturers’ recommendations
- Maintain reagent, sample, and tissue inventory
- Coordinate with external partners (e.g., CROs) for shipping reagents
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Molecular/Cellular Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, or a similar field with relevant hands-on experience
- Experience in protein labelling and developing ligand biding assays (LBA) using ELISA, MSD, AlphaLisa, SIMOA etc.
- Experienced in cell culture techniques and cell-based assays, including viral transduction, DNA and siRNA transfection and electroporation
- Independently motivated, meticulous with excellent critical thinking and problem- solving skills
- Outstanding people skills including written and verbal communication
- Ability to be highly productive in a collaborative and matrixed team environment
- Must be organized and able to contribute to multiple parallel work streams
- Proficiency in Excel, SoftMax Pro, and GraphPad Prism
- Experienced in viral gene therapy and/or biologics related bioanalytical techniques
- Experience in enzymatic assay
- Experience with molecular and biochemical techniques including RT-qPCR, ddPCR, DNA and RNA isolation, activity assays, Western blot
- Familiarity with early drug development in a small biotech environment