Voyager Portal is an industry-leading SaaS platform advancing the energy industry towards a transparent and zero-waste marine supply chain. 90% of global trade is transported by sea. Each year, industrial companies spend over $450 billion transporting raw materials and manufactured products such as natural gas, agricultural products, metals, and wind turbines across the ocean. Our industry touches everything you do and by improving efficiency and reducing waste we can impact every person and business in the world.
Voyager Portal is a collaborative and inclusive company that supports flexible working setups. We have physical locations in Houston and Brazil but encourage remote or flexible environments that allow for effective and happy team members. For individuals not working in our physical offices, we encourage occasional office visits and attendance at company all-hands events. International travel opportunities are available if you like exploring the world.
Voyager Portal is a seed-stage VC-backed company advancing the energy industry towards a transparent and zero-waste supply chain. Each year, companies spend ~$400b transporting non-containerized raw materials and manufactured products such as crude oil, natural gas, metals, and wind turbines across the ocean. The Voyager Portal is a workflow and analytics SaaS that helps companies project manage their marine shipments more efficiently. As documents and data are exchanged between users on the platform, Voyager provides real-time insights, analysis, and predictions on the state of their marine supply chain.
Voyager’s investors include ATX Venture Partners, Techstars, Blue Bear Capital, Phaze Ventures, Greenhawk Capital, Knightsgate Ventures, and other industry angels. Our customers include some of the world’s largest energy companies.
Voyager is a flexi-remote company with office hubs in Houston and Santa Catarina, Brazil. During COVID all employees are remote but when restrictions lift you will have the choice of working at the office or working from home. We value face-to-face interactions, so twice a year the entire team unites for an “all hands on deck” meeting. Previous locations have included Chile, USA, and Brazil.
Why Join Voyager?
If you enjoy working on challenging problems with a diverse and international group of people, then Voyager is a great place to jump in. We deeply value individuals who can work collaboratively and are highly motivated. Startups can be chaotic environments where responsibilities, expectations, and requirements change on a regular basis; being able to navigate this uncertainty and thrive is key.
Job Description and Responsibilities
We are looking for a Fullstack developer to help us build an incredible application for the bulk shipping value chain. Voyager application’s core are NodeJS in the backend and VueJS in the front. Applicants should feel comfortable mentoring other, more-junior developers while still producing considerable code output with excellent quality. Detailed responsibilities include:
- Writing reusable, testable, efficient and KISS (keep it simple) principle code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performance applications
- Integration of data storage solutions (MySQL, Amazon S3)
- Integration with external ERPs and APIs
- Providing help to junior developers while reaching out to senior developers for sense-checks
- Providing recommendations to product team for better future development
- Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components
- Writing extensive functional and unit tests
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
Skills & Qualifications
- STRONG English skills, both written and spoken
- We are looking for candidates with minimum of 2yr experience
- Professional, precise communication skills
- Strong desire to learn, push the envelope, and share knowledge with others
- Knowledge of Node.js
- Knowledge of AdonisJS Framework
- Knowledge of VueJS
- Interest / knowledge in the maritime industry
This will be a remote role for developers based in Brazil with a preference for Santa Catarina province. No work visa will be provided for this position.
- Competitive salary based on performance and experience
- Stock options
- Salary paid in USD
- Generous annual leave policy
- Global travel annually to our company All Hands (Previous events in USA and Chile)
- Flexible working arrangement
- International colleagues