If you’re an outstanding Product Designer, come join us at Voxy and use your talent to help teach the world! Voxy’s Product team helps change the way millions of people around the world learn English by using sound science combined with innovative technology. Voxy’s goal is to become THE vendor of choice in the $80 billion dollar English language education market and our Product team is instrumental in reaching this goal.
Here at Voxy we share team values to Start with Empathy, Communicate Courageously, Dig Deep, Own Your Outcomes, Ask Why, and Think Bigger. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse hiring process and team.
As a Product Designer, you’ll be in a pivotal role helping drive our innovation in our product, working remotely with a global Product/Engineering team that includes members in New York, São Paulo, Boston, Madrid, Dublin, Russia, and more. It’s a chance to make a difference in learners’ lives around the world, while gaining mastery over a sophisticated and complex system. And there’s plenty of room for growth in the future.
What will you be doing?
- Working closely with Product Managers to conduct user surveys, user testing, and interviews; using information gathered to inform designs
- Sketching, designing and delivering wireframes, user journeys, flows, and prototypes
- Following a user-centric design approach to rapidly test and iterate
- Improving the user experience related to core functionality, as well as innovating new features
- Preparing final, production-ready files and elements to deliver to the Engineering team for a variety of devices and interfaces
What are we looking for?
- Someone kind, patient, collaborative, and fun to work with every day
- 2+ years of experience working as a designer on digital products
- Extreme creativity and a focus on innovation
- Someone detail-oriented, not letting things slip through the cracks
- Startup mindset - ability to work fast, and both collaboratively and independently
- The ability to design with a balance of empathy and logic
- An inner drive to create exceptional user experiences
- Experience utilizing research to influence design decisions
- Eagerness to collaborate closely with Product Managers, Engineers, and stakeholders across the company
- Someone who welcomes feedback and critique
- An expert in Sketch
- Skills with Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop
- Ability to hand-sketch or rapidly mockup low-fidelity wireframe ideas
- English fluency, including writing skills. All team-wide and company-wide communication is in English, although Portuguese can be used with some individual team members
What else would be nice to have:
- Experience with Zeplin and organized file delivery
- Experience with at least one prototyping tool, such as Figma
- Knowledge of iOS and Android conventions, and responsive design
- Use of Invision for sharing, organizing, and presenting designs
- Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS or front-end conventions
- Background or interest in language learning, EdTech, or education in general
- Experience in game design
- A diverse range of interests and creative passions to draw inspiration from
In addition to a rewarding job that that will directly impact how millions of students learn English, working here, you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Great benefits: medical insurance, cell phone & wifi reimbursement, home office & wellness budget, team events
- Remote friendly work policies
- Professional development budget
- Language classes w/ Voxy
- Work with an awesome international team of super bright, creative, talented, and passionate individuals based in the U.S. and globally
We believe in a workplace that is meant for everyone. Voxy is an equal opportunity employer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Learn more about our DEI initiatives and ERGs by clicking here.
Want to know more about us?
Voxy is a U.S. - based company that is changing the way the world learns English. Our proprietary personalization technology and exclusive partnerships with leading content publishers enable us to deliver a one-of-a-kind solution to over 2.5 million English learners across the globe. Our mobile and web applications make it possible for individuals to learn from the world around them, turning everyday experiences and content into fun, game-like activities. Our custom-built, live one-on-one tutoring platform brings the necessary human element front and center, and is a core piece of our methodology. Voxy’s disruption of the $80B market for English language education has been recognized by leading education investors and the company has been deemed a pioneer by The New York Times, CNN Money, Fast Company, Mashable, Univision, Veja (Brazil), Venturebeat, and others.