Voxy’s Accounting Manager will be responsible for the day to day tasks for the accounting function. They will be responsible for improving processes that lead to efficient month end close. The Accounting Manager will work with both US and Brazil entities and will work closely with all members of the Finance and Operations team to support growth of the business. The team will implement necessary processes and controls in an efficient way that supports other departments.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Report to the Vice President of Finance and Operations
- Responsible for day to day accounting function including AP and AR
- Manage monthly close including account reconciliations and variance analysis
- Assist with financial reporting for all stakeholders
- Manager external accounting firm for tax and audit
- Document and monitor internal controls
- Involvement with company budgeting/forecasting
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years accounting experience, including US GAAP
- Experience with tech company, preferably Enterprise SaaS with recurring revenue model
- Be highly autonomous, self-directed, organized and detail-oriented; comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Intermediate to advanced in excel
- Experience with QuickBooks, Bill.com, Expensify, SalesForce.com a plus
- Fluent in Portuguese and English (Advanced Spanish is a plus!)
In addition to a rewarding job that that will directly impact how millions of students learn English, working here, you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive salary (base/bonus/equity)
- Great benefits: medical plan, lunch card, mobile service reimbursement, transportation voucher
- Great perks: free food & drinks at our new WeWork office!
- Ongoing professional development and reimbursement for attendance at industry or professional conferences!
- Work with the international team based in New York
- Incredible team of super bright, creative, talented and passionate individuals
- Easily accessible office located at Rua Butanta, 194 - Pinheiros
Voxy is a leading web and mobile-based English learning platform that provides personalized language instruction to major educational institutions, corporations and governments in North and South America, Europe and Asia. Voxy’s proven approach draws on more than 30 years of academic research on second language acquisition. Every online course combines adaptive learning technology and authentic, real-world content to support learners’ unique needs in real time. Voxy launched in 2010 as one of the most disruptive technology startups of the year, and has since been used by millions of learners around the world. It has been recognized for its innovative approach by major media outlets including the New York Times, Forbes, CNN, Veja and Fast Company, and is backed by leading education and technology investors including Rethink Education, ff Venture, Contour Venture Partners and Pearson PLC. Voxy is headquartered in New York City and has an office in São Paulo.