A bit about us
Voxy (www.voxy.com) is a leading web and mobile English learning platform that provides personalized language instruction to major corporations, educational institutions, and governments worldwide. Our approach is steeped in 20 years of scientific research, and our product is built with cutting-edge, patented technologies that enable us to dynamically create learning pathways from real-world media content. Voxy’s been proven effective - both in the lab and in the wild - which is no small feat for a digital education company. We are tackling a tough problem, but that’s okay--we love tough problems, and you should too. Working within Voxy’s New Americans Initiative, you will have the opportunity to use Voxy to create systemic change for immigrants, refugees, and limited English proficiency (LEP) adults who are currently facing many barriers to accessing English language training and career pathway programs.
This is a rare opportunity to create a social impact while working with a talented team in a $100B market currently served by old-school publishers and technology products built in the ‘80s. We are building a high-growth global company with real revenue from real customers. We measure our success by how much we teach our students and how happy we make our customers. The market we serve is ripe for change and we have a leadership team, board of directors, and investor base that is ready to support the company as we move from being a market-leading product to becoming the standard platform for English language learning for career and academic success.
The best part for us is that we get to do all of this as a passionate, empathetic, collaborative and innovative team with awesome people whom we sincerely like. We believe that truly rewarding work is only possible when you work with good people who are united by a mission.
The Impact You’ll Have at Voxy
Do you believe you can improve the immigrant experience in the US by removing English as a barrier to integration?
Do you love to sell and build innovative new educational program and career pathway models? Are you skilled at business or program development? Are you motivated by engaging with community organizations, employers, and education providers and helping them solve challenging problems?
Voxy is striving to make the world a better place by accelerating English language acquisition and helping New Americans to achieve their goals. If you are a top performer, you can help us to take our business to new levels!
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for establishing Voxy as a critical resource for the immigrant population in the United States. As a Program Manager/Partnership Associate you will develop partnerships with US organizations who are working with and/or employing English language learners, identifying partners and building distribution with organizations committed to helping immigrants improve their lives and develop marketable skills. Preferred location New York, but open to Mid-Atlantic for the right candidate.
You will focus on three core market segments:
- Corporations and workforce development training organizations
- Community colleges, school districts (youth/young adult) and adult education programs
- Nonprofit & NGO organizations that serve immigrants/refugees, LEP and ELL/AEL populations who would benefit from being able to communicate in English and upskill in high-growth career fields
In this role you will:
- Build and manage a pipeline of customer prospects from identification to negotiation and program launch
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to successfully manage new business opportunities and career pathway innovations
- Fully understand prospects’ business/educational challenges, decision-making processes, and digital English learning product purchasing processes
- Accurately forecast your sales pipeline and conversion
- Plan and execute successful sales calls and customized product demos
- Reach and exceed your sales quota and quarterly targets, with an eye on maximizing impact
- Develop a deep knowledge of Voxy's learning approach and technical application as well as how Voxy can improve economic outcomes for adult ELLs and labor supply challenges for employers
- Align Voxy’s offering to the needs and challenges of immigrant-serving organizations, traditional workforce training providers, and immigrant employers
- Represent and exhibit Voxy at local and national Education, EdTech, and Immigrant Advocacy conferences and events
What We're Looking For:
- You are an effective sales or education technology program development professional with at least 3 years of relevant sales or fundraising/business development experience within immigrant/refugee workforce development or education programs
- You are passionate about education, technology, and immigrant/refugee inclusion and you have a strong track record of success in sales or business development
- You have rigorous process management, negotiation, and analytic skills
- You are sharp, confident, resourceful, results-oriented, proactive, and have strong written and oral communication skills, including public speaking
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit, and are comfortable working in a social impact start-up environment
- You are a tireless networker!
- You are a power-user of CRM systems (SalesForce) and other integrated communication tools
- Proficiency in multiple languages (including English) strongly preferred
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Travel is required based on business need (conferences, exhibiting, presenting)
In addition to a rewarding job that that will directly impact how millions of students learn English, working here, you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive salary, bonus, and stock options
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Flexible Spending benefits
- Gym and mobile reimbursement
- Citibike reimbursement
- Ongoing professional development as well as reimbursement for attendance at industry/professional conferences
- On-site language classes
- Unlimited PTO
- Friday Team Happy Hours
- Unlimited snacks, beverages, and access to beer fridge
- Awesome team of super bright, creative, talented, and passionate individuals
- Sweet space in downtown Manhattan easily accessible by many trains