A bit about us:
Voxy (www.voxy.com) is a leading web and mobile-based English learning platform that provides personalized language instruction to major corporations, educational institutions, and governments worldwide. Our approach is steeped in 20 years of scientific research, and our product is built with cutting-edge, patented technologies that enable us to dynamically create learning pathways from everyday media content. Voxy’s been proven effective - both in the lab and in the wild - which is no small feat for a digital education company. We are tackling a tough problem, but that’s okay; we love tough problems, and you should too.
This is a rare opportunity to work with a talented team in a $100B market currently served by old-school publishers and technology products built in the ‘80s. We are building a high-growth global company with real revenue from real customers. We measure our success by how much we teach our students and how happy we make our customers. The market we serve is ripe for change and we have a leadership team, board of directors, and investor base that is ready to support the company as we move from being a market-leading product to becoming the standard platform for language instruction.
The best part for us is that we get to do all of this as a passionate, empathetic, collaborative team with awesome people whom we sincerely like. We believe that truly rewarding work is only possible when you work with good people.
What you'll do:
Voxy’s Manager of Human Resources will be responsible for helping to recruit, develop, and manage the people operations for our team in Brazil. This role will design, test and implement programs that help inspire, motivate and develop our global team of linguists, engineers, designers, sales people, and freelance English teachers. You will be a key member of the Finance & Operations Team, and work closely with the Director of Finance & Operations to foster a strong and dynamic culture that embodies Voxy’s 6 core values: Start with Empathy, Think Bigger, Own Your Outcomes, Dig Deep, Ask Why, Communicate Courageously.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage recruitment across Voxy’s offices in Sao Paulo, NYC, Mexico, Singapore.
- Lead the talent management process including on-boarding, training & development, performance reviews, and employee performance management.
- Benchmark and facilitate compensation and benefits processes to include annual and off-cycle compensation adjustments, annual benefits enrollment, and reward & recognition programs.
- Ensure Voxy is recognized as an “Employer of Choice” through the implementation and management of programs and policies that enhance the team’s work life at Voxy, including internal communication, social events, and other team building activities.
- Plan and facilitate key business meetings including All Hands meetings, and company off-sites.
- Receive and resolve employee relations matters with confidentiality, tact, empathy, and efficiency.
- Identify and proactively resolve labor and employee relations risk to the business.
- Manage an efficient payroll process in partnership with vendors and internal stakeholders.
- Manage daily people operations including building/facility logistics, IT inventory, application accounts, and vendor relations.
- Ensure Voxy’s off-boarding processes are completed and that employment data is updated and accurate.
- Resolve ad-hoc office administrative issues
- Other duties as assigned
What we're looking for:
- Have 5+ years of experience working in human resources or people operations
- Be highly autonomous, self-directed, organized and detail-oriented; comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Have extensive experience hiring and training both full-time and contract employees
- Have experience creating or managing policies that create positive work environments, and drive productive and highly collaborative employee behavior
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex projects from inception through completion
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluent in Portuguese and English (other languages also welcome!)
- International experience is preferred
- Experience in a start-up environment is preferred
In addition to a rewarding job that that will directly impact how millions of students learn English, working here, you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive salary (base/bonus/equity)
- Great benefits: medical plan, lunch card, mobile service reimbursement, transportation voucher
- Great perks: free food & drinks at our new WeWork office!
- Ongoing professional development and reimbursement for attendance at industry or professional conferences!
- Work with the international team based in New York
- Incredible team of super bright, creative, talented and passionate individuals
- Easily accessible office located at Rua Butanta, 194 - Pinheiros