Junior Software Engineer - Testing
We believe that learning a language should be fun, rewarding, and a gateway to the best experiences life has to offer. If you agree, we’d love to talk.
Voxy is looking for a Junior Software Engineer to join our engineering team to improve and ship great products with a focus on testing.
You will be responsible for finding, re-creating and reporting issues; working closely across the entire organization. As you become familiar with our software, there is lots of room for professional growth: building software testing frameworks, fixing the bugs as part of our software development process, implement build process in a containerized environment - it's really limited only by your ambition. If you like executing test cases and are passionate about quality, we’d like to meet you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Work closely with our Software engineers to improve and automate tests and our deployment process
- Ensure we create products our customers love by testing them in the most meaningful way
- Execute test cases (manual or automated) and analyze results from the user stories or from test scenarios
- Help troubleshoot software issues
- Conduct post-release/post-implementation testing
- Work closely with product, customer success, learner success and engineering teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
What We’re Looking For:
- Proficiency in the English language
- Communicative and passionate about great technology
- Proven experience as a QA Tester or similar role
- Knowledge of manual testing/automation testing with web and mobile applications
- Analytical and creative approach, quick comprehension of new tasks, quality consciousness, persistence and accuracy
- Demonstrated capability and motivation to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding startup environment
- Desire for personal and professional growth beyond the initial role
What Would Be Nice To Have:
- Knowledge of automated testing tools like Selenium, Jenkins
- Familiarity with Scrum and Agile product development methodologies and regression testing
Working here, you'll enjoy:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Medical, transportation and lunch benefits
- Mobile reimbursement
- Ongoing professional development
- Self-improvement budget to spend on attending conferences, taking courses, and purchasing books
- Language classes
- Monthly team outings
- Unlimited snacks and beverages and access to beer fridge
- Awesome team of super bright, creative, talented, and passionate individuals
Want to know more about us?
Voxy is a NYC-based company that is changing the way the world learns English. Our proprietary personalization technology and exclusive partnerships with leading content publishers enable us to deliver a one-of-a-kind solution to over 2.5 million English learners across the globe. Our mobile and web applications make it possible for individuals to learn from the world around them, turning everyday experiences and content into fun, game-like activities. Our custom-built, live one-on-one tutoring platform brings the necessary human element front and center, and is a core piece of our methodology. Voxy’s disruption of the $80B market for English language education has been recognized by leading education investors and the company has been deemed a pioneer by The New York Times, CNN Money, Fast Company, Mashable, Univision, Veja (Brazil), Venturebeat, and others.