A bit about us
Voxy (www.voxy.com) is a leading web and mobile-based English learning platform that provides personalized language instruction to major corporations, educational institutions, and governments worldwide. Our approach is steeped in 20 years of scientific research, and our product is built with cutting-edge, patented technologies that enable us to dynamically create learning pathways from everyday media content. Voxy’s been proven effective - both in the lab and in the wild - which is no small feat for a digital education company. We are tackling a tough problem, but that’s okay; we love tough problems, and you should too.
This is a rare opportunity to work with a talented team in a $100B market currently served by old-school publishers and technology products built in the ‘80s. We are building a high-growth global company with real revenue from real customers. We measure our success by how much we teach our students and how happy we make our customers. The market we serve is ripe for change and we have a leadership team, board of directors, and investor base that is ready to support the company as we move from being a market-leading product to becoming the standard platform for language instruction.
The best part for us is that we get to do all of this as a passionate, empathetic, collaborative team with awesome people whom we sincerely like. We believe that truly rewarding work is only possible when you work with good people.
The Impact You’ll Have at Voxy
Voxy is looking for a sales leader with experience in scaling high growth teams and businesses. As the VP Sales, you will lead a global team of direct sellers to meet and exceed revenue and bookings goals, and will be an integral Leader in our company!
What You'll Do
Manage and Coach
- Provide leadership and guidance throughout the sales process, and coach sellers to peak performance.
- Perform essential management/leadership functions (hiring, coaching, development, performance management, motivating, rewards and recognition) with a high degree of competence, commitment and accountability.
Sales Strategy and Execution
- Develop the global direct sales business plan, in conjunction with the CRO and CFO, providing clear objectives and priorities for the team.
- Create a sales and territory plan with each seller, to ensure targets are met.
- Demonstrate a metrics driven approach to the business, and ensure forecasting accuracy.
- Continue to build scalable and repeatable processes for the sales team.
- Collaborate closely with the VP Marketing on demand generation activities and pipeline creation.
- Align with the VP Customer Success on enabling long term customer relationships, by focusing on the best prospects.
- Enable a culture of success and accountability.
What We're Looking For:
- Multi-lingual: English and Portuguese are required; Spanish is a plus
- You have a strong track record of success in sales, and are passionate about education and technology.
- Experience establishing a successful and scalable sales organization in a startup environment
- Seven plus years leading teams in a SaaS business
- Ideally, have a network within Human Resource departments
- Passionate about developing and mentoring sales talent
- Metrics driven, results oriented individual, with an established record of high performance
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with the ability to clearly articulate the value proposition of Voxy’s solution
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Some travel is required based on business need
In addition to a rewarding job that that will directly impact how millions of students learn English, working here, you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive salary (base/bonus/commission)
- Great benefits: free food & drinks at the office, medical, mobile service reimbursement and free on-site language classes
- Work with the international team based in New York
- Ongoing professional development and reimbursement for attendance at industry or professional conferences!
- Incredible team of super bright, creative, talented and passionate individuals
- Easily accessible office located at Rua Butanta, 194 - Pinheiros