We believe that learning a language should be fun, rewarding, and a gateway to the best experiences life has to offer. If you agree, we’d love to talk.
Voxy’s Staff Accountant will be responsible for the day-to-day tasks for the finance function. He/she will be responsible for improving processes that lead to efficient month end close. The Staff Accountant will work closely with all members of the Finance and Operations team to support growth of the business. The team will implement necessary processes and controls in an orderly way that does not restrict other departments.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Responsible for portions of day-to-day accounting function including Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables
- Work closely with external accounting firm for monthly close
- Assist with financial reporting including account reconciliations and variance analysis
- Work on compliance by providing support for audit
- Document and monitor internal controls
- Work close with our sales team and external legal office to support contract management
- Reporting from Salesforce.com to analyze bookings and revenue performance
What We’re Looking For:
- B.A/B.S. Degree - Business Administration, Economics, Accounting, Engineering or related
- 2+ years finance or accounting experience
- Highly autonomous, self-directed, organized, process-oriented and detail-oriented
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Advanced Excel skills (vlookup & pivot tables)
- Advanced or fluent English
- Experience with SalesForce.com is a plus
- Experience with tech company, preferably Enterprise SaaS, is a plus
- Located in Sao Paulo, Brazil
Working here, you'll enjoy:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Medical, transportation, mobile reimbursement and lunch benefits
- Reimbursement for attendance at industry or professional conferences
- Language classes
- Monthly team outings
- Unlimited snacks and beverages and access to beer fridge
- Awesome team of super bright, creative, talented, and passionate individuals
- Great office location at the new WeWork Rua Butantã, 194 - Pinheiros
Want to know more about us?
Voxy is a NYC-based company that is changing the way the world learns English. Our proprietary personalization technology and exclusive partnerships with leading content publishers enable us to deliver a one-of-a-kind solution to over 2.5 million English learners across the globe. Our mobile and web applications make it possible for individuals to learn from the world around them, turning everyday experiences and content into fun, game-like activities. Our custom-built, live one-on-one tutoring platform brings the necessary human element front and center, and is a core piece of our methodology. Voxy’s disruption of the $80B market for English language education has been recognized by leading education investors and the company has been deemed a pioneer by The New York Times, CNN Money, Fast Company, Mashable, Univision, Veja (Brazil), Venturebeat, and others.
Recognized by Business Insider (2012): The 10 Best US Tech Companies To Work For In 2012
Recognized by Forbes.com (2013): The 12 Companies Transforming Their Industries