Vox Media employees go deep, thriving on innovation and change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, and improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology and the world around them. The Vox Media house of brands includes industry-leading media forces like SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode, Racked and Polygon, and reaches an audience of hundreds of millions, generating over a billion content views each month.
We’re looking for a person to own, develop, and execute newsletter growth strategies in cooperation with newsletter creators and engagement specialists across Vox Media brands.
You will work hands-on with editorial staff to grow both subscribers and active readership of newsletter audiences, help spread best practices, help create and send strong newsletters, and design and advocate for new tools, practices, and approaches from our product, editorial, and revenue teams.
- Use quantitative and qualitative research as well as industry best practices to identify newsletter growth opportunities
- Work closely with editorial teams to develop and implement sound newsletter strategies
- Develop and maintain newsletter reports to monitor overall and Vox Media brand specific performance against goals
- Create and maintain newsletter documentation and resources for all audiences within the organization
- Develop and help execute partnership and promotional opportunities to grow newsletters, especially work that can happen collaboratively across brands
- Help brands execute newsletter launches, working across revenue, product, and editorial
- You have experience developing and implementing newsletter strategies in a fast paced environment
- You are passionate about journalism and follow industry trends closely
- You are analytical and have experience uncovering opportunities
- You are curious and willing to recommend and test new tactics and strategies to grow newsletter audiences
- You can work with employees at all levels of the organization
- You have strong communication skills and the desire to work as a centralized resource for multiple editorial brands
Relevant Experience & Bonus Points:
- Both technical and editorial newsletter experience
- Experience with Campaign Monitor
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.