Eater’s award-winning video program is known for pulling the curtain back on the restaurant industry with engaging docustyle series showcasing the intricacies that go into prep, dishes, and running established restaurants.
The Development Producer will lead a team of producers who are focused on producing series content. The role will require an individual to juggle all the stages of production (pre through post) while futuring-planning for months ahead. Success in this role will balance creatively inspiring the team, leading with empathy, and working with leadership on big-picture planning. You are an experienced manager who understands the need to foster a creative & an exciting team dynamic while elevating our standards in production.
Eater video moves at a fast pace while keeping production quality and thoughtful storytelling at the forefront of our overall strategy. This role requires sharp attention to detail, meticulous organizational skills, and a real passion for food, dining, and the people and places in the restaurant industry.
WHO WE ARE
Eater, the national food publication with outlets across North America and the UK, is at the forefront of reporting on the restaurant industry, shaping food culture with its award-winning journalism and programming, and telling people where to eat with its beloved maps and guides.
Eater is part of Vox Media, the leading modern media company. We guide our audience from discovery to obsession. We inspire essential conversations about what’s now, what’s next, and what’s possible.
As a community of journalists and storytellers, business professionals, creators and technologists, we believe it is a moral and business imperative to amplify voices: to cultivate diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our organization and media. This applies to our candidates, our teams, our storytelling, our creative work, and our platforms, products, and partnerships.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Guide all existing series creative development and oversee 5-8 series formats and help launch new series concepts, as needed
- Manage a team of producers and oversee the pitch process for all series
- Manage our freelance producer network and seek out new opportunities, as needed
- Oversee our packaging and thumbnail process for all videos while consistently using our video analytics to inform
- Review edits prior to approval and give constructive feedback
- Balance the work and ownership of a variety of series and daily deliveries including working simultaneously on pre-production, production, and post-production
- Implement workflows for pre-production and production
- Work with Eater video management on priorities and planning for all platforms (YT, FB, OTT, IG, TT)
- Work with Eater leadership on channel strategy, ideation, and execution
- Work with various department heads on big initiatives, Eater packages, and video sponsorships
WHO YOU ARE
- 6-8 years of professional digital or TV experience (development, producing, shooting)
- Strong people management skills
- Previous development experience creating new digital series from the ground up
- Strong understanding of video analytics
- Previous talent management skills
- New creative workflows and series structures
- Experience with sponsored video concepts
- Strong video analytics background
- High-end shooting capability and excellent understanding of field production equipment/cameras (Panasonic Eva-1, Canon Cinema series, Canon 5DMKIII. 4K is a plus).
- Experience with sponsored content a plus
- Expertise in Adobe Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop a strong plus
- Strong interest in all of Eater coverage areas
- A true team player who brings passion to the table
If you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job posting, please apply with a cover letter to let us know how you believe you can bring your unique skills to the Vox Media team or get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We’ve hired chefs who became editors, DJs who became UX designers, and sommeliers who became writers.
WHERE YOU’LL WORK
This job is flex. We’re dedicated to the health and wellbeing of all of our employees, and when we reopen, will require everyone who works from one of our offices to be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees with approved religious or medical exemptions may be subject to additional safety requirements, such as submitting to regular COVID-19 testing and/or wearing a face covering in our offices.
WHY VOX MEDIA?
WHAT WE OFFER
This is a permanent, full-time position. This job is benefits-eligible. We pride ourselves in providing comprehensive benefits to support all of our employees wherever they are in life. You can find more information about our benefits here.
OUR DEI+ COMMITMENT
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can show up as their authentic selves and create their best work. We recognize that great stories, platforms, products and services come from people with all manner of backgrounds and experiences. We recognize that our commitments require ongoing work and sustained attention, as well as adaptation to new insights and best practices. We keep our diversity data public for the sake of accountability, transparency and communication. Learn more about our values here, and our approach to corporate citizenship here.
Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law. Vox Media will also consider all qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable Fair Chance laws. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations as part of the application process to candidates with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact our People & Culture team (email@example.com).
WHAT COMES NEXT
Our recruiting team will go through applications in a timely manner. Please note that our recruiting team will only contact you from @voxmedia.com email addresses, never via text message. Read more about how our recruiting team operates, and how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud, here.