As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street, and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
Vox is seeking a full-time Social Media Manager, Video to manage video publishing, distribution, and channel growth. You’ll work with our talented team of producers, directors, and social media managers to grow our video audiences on YouTube, social media, syndication and OTT endpoints.
You’ll be responsible for identifying and implementing best practices, and for making sure day to day video publishing is seamless. You’ll provide strategic counsel on video formats, metadata and thumbnails, potential collaborators, and other means to quickly grow our audience across platforms.
The ideal candidate should have video and/or social media experience and a deep love for Vox’s explanatory journalism. They are a highly creative and analytical thinker and are able to quickly change and evolve with the digital landscape while staying extremely organized.
What you'll do:
- Publish/optimize videos to YouTube, social, syndication and OTT endpoints
- Edit and optimize videos and thumbnail art as needed across platforms
- Manage video evergreen programming strategy
- Experiment with new video features on social platforms to drive growth
- Support distribution for new video endpoints
- Manage OTT programming and refresh strategy
- Optimize back catalog in Chorus Video & Zype for OTT app launches
- Create best practices and maintain organization in Chorus Video
- Write copy for social platforms and YouTube captions that support contributions and growth priorities
What you'll bring:
- 2+ years experience in video publishing, production, or social media.
- Incredible attention to detail and intolerance for errors.
- Extensive knowledge of YouTube and other mainstream video channels including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Basic video editing and photoshop skills.
- A passion for Vox video journalism.
- Your resume
- Cover letter that include 3 links to examples of work you’re proudest of, and descriptions of your role in those projects.
This role is a part of the Vox Media Union, represented by the Writers Guild of America, East
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.