As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street, and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
Vulture is looking to hire a television-obsessed editor to play a central role in expanding the site’s popular recaps operation. Vulture recaps cover everything from prestige drama and high-profile miniseries to reality television and primetime soaps, and require an editor with a similarly expansive knowledge of — and affection for — the many contours of the TV landscape. Primarily focused on editing, packaging, and posting recaps, this role requires a confident and efficient editor who’s comfortable processing large amounts of copy for daily publication.
This role is currently remote, with the option to stay remote or work out of our New York offices once we can safely reopen.
- Assist with planning and assigning TV recap articles, which can range from 20-40 posts per week
- Line edit, package, and publish individual recap articles for current shows and classic series
- Maintain relationships with Vulture’s existing stable of freelance recap writers while also finding new voices to contribute
- Work with our social media team on bespoke strategies for promoting the recaps of different shows
- Help develop unique and unexpected approaches to the TV recap format
- Update old recaps to improve their formatting and SEO
- Maintain individual show landing pages and the TV Recaps landing page
- 2+ years experience editing copy for accuracy, voice, and tone
- A knowledge of and deep enthusiasm for the current television landscape, including broadcast, cable, streaming, and web-based series
- Familiarity with the current Vulture TV recaps operation
- A working understanding of social media, SEO, and traffic analytics
- Willingness and ability to occasionally work off-hours to ensure timely publishing of recaps
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.