As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
SB Nation, the place where sports fans meet to be surprised and delighted, together, is looking for ambitious talent to help us be the best place for humans to share sports on social platforms. The ideal candidate has experience using social networks to keep up with what people are talking about and who understands why people engage on these platforms. As part of our social team they will confidently cover live events, distribute some of the best content from the SB Nation network and recognize moments that will resonate with sports fans.
We're looking for someone with:
- 2-3 years of social media experience
- A fan-centric passion for sports and genuine interest in Internet culture
- A demonstrated understanding of social media -- Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Tik Tok, Snapchat, -- and an eagerness to explore and play with emerging platforms
- Experience using real-time tools and native analytics for social networks
- Excellent writing and communication skills and the ability to multitask in a collaborative environment
- Familiarity with SBNation.com and the SB Nation network of brands
- Flexible schedule — this position is built around the world of sports.
- Ability to create social graphics and short form video with Adobe Creative Cloud a plus, but not required
What you would do:
- Discovery of real-time breaking news and trending social stories
- Contribute to coverage of live events using social media platforms
- Distribute SB Nation content, including social-native content, across platforms in a way that’s consistent with SB Nation’s voice
- Collaborate with our team on story ideas, packaging and surfacing hooks for headlines and adapting our content and voice to social platforms.
- Create original social content for platforms like Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.