As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
As a Senior Analyst, Consumer Revenue you will work as part of the Analytics Team to communicate data-based successes and recommendations to various teams involved in our subscriptions and contributions businesses. You are analytical and creative in your data analysis, enjoy getting your hands dirty in many different data sets to investigate any problems, have a strong desire to develop an understanding of the business, our audience, and can clearly communicate results and recommendations to our product and editorial stakeholders, including senior business leaders.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with the consumer revenue marketing and product teams by analyzing data to identify opportunities to improve our tactics for growing our subscriber base for New York Magazine and Vox Contributions
- Craft recommendations and test new marketing tactics and strategies that map to KPIs (e.g. scale, time spent, repeat user, new subscription starts)
- Develop reports, dashboards, and tools to democratize insights to appropriate stakeholders.
- Document best practices and write how-to guides to support stakeholders across Vox Media
- Communicate about metrics internally, for example propose or advocate for new metrics (or new definitions), work with an engineer to export the right parameters, etc.
What you’ll bring:
- You have experience analyzing and manipulating data with high-quality SQL
- You are proficient with Excel/Google Sheets (e.g. =query() function); you can aggregate data from disparate sources, optimize them to process faster, and design a user-friendly display tab
- You are interested in automation and building efficient processes and can think critically about building tools and solutions to meet analytics needs
- You are curious to discover opportunities, explain them, and follow through on solutions
- You’re able to manage multiple tracks of work at once, balancing both short-term and long-term projects simultaneously. You take initiative in starting new projects and seeing them through (individually or through collaboration).
- You are familiar with statistical methods for common business problems like forecasting, marketing attribution, A/B testing, etc
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
More about Vox Media:
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.