Recode covers the intersection of business and tech with authority. From breaking news and expert analysis to ground-breaking interviews at our signature Code conferences, we are the most influential brand in tech business news.
Recode is looking for an executive producer of podcasts and audio, based in our New York or San Francisco office.
In this new role, your job will be to lead our efforts in audio journalism, including managing our slate of existing podcasts, creating new podcasts, experimenting with other audio formats and platforms, working with our internal and external revenue teams, and managing editorial, production, and distribution for our audio products.
A good candidate will have experience in audio journalism, such as podcasting or radio, including reporting, editing, and production.
An ideal candidate will have a deep background in audio and will have worked on a successful podcasting or broadcast operation, preferably news- or interview-driven.
- At least some experience in audio journalism or production.
- The ability to write and edit clean scripts and record and edit high-quality audio.
- The ability to work mostly independently, with support and input from editors and colleagues.
- The ability to communicate on an executive level while keeping a pulse on — and regularly participating in — creative and technical production.
- The ability to manage a team of direct reports and indirect contributors, including some remotely.
- A creative, collaborative spirit, comfort trying new ideas, knowing some won’t work.
- The ability to work from our New York or San Francisco office most days.
- Some evening and weekend work.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, samples of your work, and a link to an online presence — blog, podcast, Twitter stream, etc. — that you’re proud of.
Vox Media is one of the fastest growing media companies today, combining the best content, technology, and distribution capabilities to connect with an audience of 170 million people each month who rely on us for a modern, intelligent take on the world. Simply put, we create smart media brands for smart audiences.
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
We encourage candidates of all experience levels to apply. If the above doesn't describe you perfectly, please get in touch anyway and tell us why you want to work with us.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.