As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
Vox Media's SB Nation is the fastest-growing online sports media brand and the largest network of more than 300 individual fan-centric sports communities, including SBNation.com, our national flagship property. Our network is powered by the most respected web-native sports journalists. One part of our network needs a new steady hand, and that's where you come in.
We are looking for an E-Commerce Manager to own and implement revenue-driving initiatives, with a focus on affiliate sales, across the SB Nation network. The individual in this role will partner with SB Nation editorial leadership and the central Vox Media e-comm team to build and execute a comprehensive, revenue-driving strategy incorporating a robust evergreen plan and timely news-driven commerce beats for our SB Nation communities.
If you have a passion for sports and e-commerce and want to work in a dynamic environment, this role is for you!
This position will report to the General Manager of SB Nation.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee affiliate commerce operations for team brands including communication to site managers, conversion-driving editorial asset creation, asset management, and revenue tracking.
- Manage cross-departmental communication/collaboration to marry SB Nation content initiatives with our commerce initiatives.
- Oversee digital marketing elements of the business including - but not limited to - affiliate marketing, SEO, SEM, Retargeting, Paid Marketing.
- Develop and implement strategies to drive sales and profitability (KPIs include: page views on commerce content, clicks on affiliate links within commerce content, growth in conversion rates, earnings per click, lifetime value).
- Support larger Vox Media company-wide commerce initiatives across SB Nation.
- Cultivate and manage vendor relationships across the entire supply chain, working with the E-commerce business development team to identify key vendors of interest, provide requested editorial metrics to help the evaluate the relationship, and ensure proper on-boarding of that vendor within SB Nation's stable of commerce content either through existing Evergreen or net-new content.
- Define and manage the end-to-end consumer experience process/workflows to create a world-class shopping experience at point of sale.
- Drive merchandise planning and product line optimization decisions.
What you'll bring:
- Experience within a cross-functional role that touches affiliate, e-commerce management, consumer acquisition, merchandising, or editorial strategy.
- Prior work experience in E-Commerce, digital marketing, product marketing with application to publisher e-commerce goals.
- Proficient written communication and data analysis skills.
- Proven experience building and managing vendor relationships across the entire supply chain.
- Proven ability to communicate across multiple departments and secure buy-in with stakeholders across the organization.
- Strong understanding of editorial strategy tied to E-Commerce.
- Knowledgeable of the E-Commerce landscape, especially as it relates to affiliate models, affiliate networks or sub-networks.
- A self-starter with meticulous attention to detail and drive to learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment, news-driven media environment.
Bonus points for:
- Experience building E-Commerce initiatives across multiple sites / properties.
- Experience working in sports or sports media.
- Experience with Photoshop, Google Analytics, or UX Design.
- Understanding of apparel and fashion trends, including streetwear and sportswear.
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.