As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
About the Community Management team:
Vox Media’s product team builds innovative new tools that enable our editorial teams to tell compelling stories to devoted audiences. The community management team works to ensure those tools are delightful and easy-to-use, and that all of our contributors and audiences have the resources and support they need to use our products successfully. You can read more about the team’s work in this blog post.
The community team’s work covers four main areas: frontline user support, outreach and advocacy, training and education, and communications. We are looking for an Associate Community Manager to join our team. This position will report to the Manager of Community, Chorus.
What you'll do:
- Deliver timely, high-quality user support to a variety of Chorus users
- Log issues, requests, and feedback
- Master the team’s fundamentals
- Grow your product knowledge
- Serve as a vocal advocate for our users at every stage
- Work (remotely) alongside product, project, and engineering managers as well as designers, engineers, and researchers to continuously improve Chorus as a platform
- Join Community’s on-call rotation after your first 90 days, sharing the responsibility of after-hours incident response and communications with the team
What you'll bring:
- Exceptional, empathetic, and clear communication skills as someone who cares deeply about providing Chorus users the best support experience possible
- Resourceful problem-solving, with the confidence to ask questions, gain clarity, validate assumptions, and deepen your understanding
- Previous experience collaborating with a support team; supporting a digital product is a bonus
- Skillfulness at working independently, but even more as a collaborator
- Comfort working with ticketing, documentation, and issue-tracking platforms, especially in the places where they connect
- Conversational fluency with product development terms and concepts and the ability to communicate clearly with people who have a wide range of technical experience and comfort with technology
- Enthusiasm for continuous improvement; openness to learning and trying new things, as well as giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Confidence navigating ambiguity and change, asking for the support you need along the way
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.