As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
About the Chorus team
Chorus is a platform for digital publishers. Informed by the success of Vox Media’s networks and internal branded content agency, Chorus is a complete media stack for brand and community building, content creation, audience engagement, distribution, measurement, and monetization. Within the Vox Product team, the Chorus team builds innovative tools that enable editorial teams to tell compelling stories; designs dynamic, engaging audience experiences that can travel across myriad platforms and devices; and ensures our editorial teams can learn from and continuously adapt within an ever-changing industry. We are dedicated to cross-disciplinary product thinking and vision, prize thoughtful and collaborative work, and are a remote-first organization.
What you’ll do:
- Drive the product strategy for bringing new publishers onto the Chorus platform
- Collaborate with peer leaders in engineering, design, research, and community to develop efficient, effective strategies for managing new publisher projects
- Manage a small team of product managers who will execute projects on Chorus, through mentorship, coaching, and direct support and education
- Work closely with our sales and business development partners to evaluate potential publishers and problem-solve around their needs
What you’ll bring:
- Mastery of the practice of product management and fluency in related fields, including research, design, planning, development, and continuous iteration
- Experience managing people at all career levels, including mentorship and coaching
- Exceptional communication skills across all channels, including chat, docs, email, video, and IRL
- Experience working on a distributed team
- Familiarity with the evolving ways that audiences find, read, watch, and share quality journalism and entertainment, and the processes and tools that editorial teams use to create compelling stories
For more on the things we're building and problems we're solving, and what it's like to work with the Product, Design & Technology teams, see our Product Team blog. In an effort to provide an inclusive and respectful working environment, all team members adhere to our code of conduct.
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.